• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2K Surfing Problem on Network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

System 1: DSL Connection (OS: Win98SE)
system 2: Network Connection sharing internet with System 1(OS: win2K)

Now the problem is with system 2, when ever I TRY sufing the web, say a page is loading my system freezes NO MORE than 3 sec and then I get back control. It happens on EVERY page I load.
And on top of that I get on my lower right side I get:

Local Are Connection
Network Cable unplugged

I get this from like 7 sec to 20 sec when I am transfering any files from system 2 to 1, BUT it never effects my transfer like I dont get any freezes. I get the same error when I surf on system 2 but it freezes for like 3 sec.

Now here is what doesnt make any sense, on my system 2, I have dual boot Win98se and when I surf or transfer files I have ZERO problems whatsoever, no freezes or anything.

Does anyone have any explanation as to what might be causing this?

I have included a picture to you ppl can get a better understanding. The error (thats what I call it) goes away like after 1 sec.

Btw no overclock has been done on System 2. System 1 PCI Bus is at 33Mhz. (See my Sig)

Do you have more than one NIC in system #2? I've seen systems with more than one NIC and running Win2k come up with that error saying the cable was unplugged. As for your internet connection, all I can suggest is maybe trying a different network cable...

Only system 1 has 2 network cards. (1 for DSL and 1 for network with system 2)
System 2 has only 1 network card.

Both System 1 and 2 uses the same Brand network Card.

Linksys

Realtek is used for DSL only

I have exactly the same problem but in winXP..
i really have NO reasonable explanation for this...
:(

Back