• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1900XT @ 1920x1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russ_da_bus

I have owned a 17" CRT (max resolution of 1600x1200) for the past 5 years and i am now at the point where i want to upgrade to a wide screen TFT with a resolution that can match my current CRT.

I have a choice between the 20-22" TFTs that run at 1680x1050 or i can go for a 24" that runs at 1920x1200. My question is will my current gfx card (x1900XT, details in sig.) be able to cope at 1920x1200 in current games? I have looked around for old reviews of the x1900XT but cant find any with benchmarks higher than 1600x1200.

Is anybody out there running a 24" TFT with a single x1900XT or x1900XTX?

it will work. i'm not sure you'll be able to play everything maxed out but you should be fine

I have the Dell 24 inch and run all my games "that will support it" at 1920x1200. The only thing I usually do is turn the shadows to low or off but never had any issue with my x1900 running any games at that rez. But like blarf said I dont run them with the setting maxed out....but close to it:)

Well name a few games and I'll tell ya :)

Most of everything that I play works perfectly fine maxed out at that res. Theres a few of course that require some tweaking or dare I say lower setting within the game *shivers*.

deathman20 said:
Well name a few games and I'll tell ya :)

Most of everything that I play works perfectly fine maxed out at that res. Theres a few of course that require some tweaking or dare I say lower setting within the game *shivers*.

Battlefield 2 & 2142, FEAR, HL2, Doom3, Quake4, any FPS really.

BF2142 is the main one i am playing at the moment.

HL2, Doom3, Quake4, Prey all definatly work easily maxed out. Fear not a 100% sure its been a while since I played that. As for BF2 really haven't played that since well it basically came out, never tried 2142 so couldn't say.

Most of any current one out today you shouldn't have an issue to tweak it to make it work properly.

Back