• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new ps3 dates? when?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodyvs

Registered
i feel like ive searched EVERYWHERE!!!! anyone know when there will be a new shipment? im ready to dish out the six hundo for one, i just cant find any info on it!

Apart from the fact that I read IBM can't make enough CELL CPU's a weeks back it's a good question to ask. No doubt they will get some out ASAP it's not long now from the so called March launch in the Uk and the rest of Europe. But then again I don't think it will be March I just can't see it there ain't enough in Japan and the USA right now.

They won't be able to supply any for the Uk/Europe and still provide the USA and Japan a steady flow of consoles. Not if IBM can't make enough CELL's and then there's the Blu-Ray dieode or whatever it's called I don't think that's in steady supply either.

well with the way things are goin, id be supprised (but not totally) to see ANY kind of major shipment before christmas. not to say that there wont be a few shipped here and there. last i heard the best buy in columbus got 3. so if you dont live in or near a large city dont count on finding one retail. i would say just hold off till after the new year. by march they should be more or less availible. AND they will have some decent games out too.

Stores get periodic shipments of a handful of ps3's continuously. You just have to get lucky and be at a store in the right time.

Or camp outside for days on end till ya get one providing you don't get shot by the maniac of the city/town I tell ya it's getting out of hand.

I don't know where you live, but if its a large metro area you should get lucky if you keep checking places regularly. I've heard numerous reports of 60 gig'ers sitting on shelves at BB and Waly World here. Most of the scalpers have given up as its getting hard to sell for even a $100-200 profit.

Out of curiousity, I was just watching ebay auctions end on ps3's. I've seen most go for around $100 profit +- 30. I've seen a couple go less than RSRP + tax. The 60GB versions make a little more profit, I'd say around $30-$40. Hopefully soon, I can go into a store and pick one up.

From what I've heard, Tuesday and Thursday around lunch is when BB gets shipments. I'm always in at work so I can never check.

well i started goin to walmart this last monday at about 3:30pm when i get off work. they told me that is a good time to ask for a ps3 so finally today thursday they got 2 in LOL yea 2. it was the 20gb one but hell i was waited for 4 days already so i bought it. i was gettin tired of waiting but it paid off.

Back