• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Agh, fan speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s00pcan

My new xfx 7900gs is annoyingly loud. Rivatuner can only make it go to 25%, the gainward expert tool only can go to 50%. And I don't even hear a difference when I change the sliders on either of them, so I don't know if it's actually working. Anyone have an idea to make it quieter?

when using rivatuner, do you change the fan speed in the target adapter's customize, or the driver settings' customize? Try using the opposite one, as it fixed my problem with rivatuner detecting my fan speeds at 100% when they were actually at 49%.

EDIT: Just re-read your post, I miss-read the first time, so what I just said probably won't do anything. :bang head Doesn't hurt to try though.

The only way I could get my 7900gs to have fan control was to flash the bios to what i wanted it to be.

to change fan speed from the target adapter, click on customize and go to low-level system settings tick the box to enable low-level fan control, allow it to detect defaults, set the option to fixed, and put it to whatever you want it to be.

I just bought a xfx 7900gs(pvt71puqf3) too. I am having the same problem. The fan is on fullspeed all the time even when it is idling. Rivatuner, speedfan and even flashing the video card did not work. Quite annoying. Going to contact XFX otherwise this junk is being RMA'd.

-fatchance

FatChance said:
I just bought a xfx 7900gs(pvt71puqf3) too. I am having the same problem. The fan is on fullspeed all the time even when it is idling. Rivatuner, speedfan and even flashing the video card did not work. Quite annoying. Going to contact XFX otherwise this junk is being RMA'd.

-fatchance

I have the same problem with this card (same code too). Fan sounds like its 100% all the time :bang head .

Anyone figured out a way to adjust it yet?

Back