• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamefly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daleon

So anyone else here use Gamefly?

I just signed up for it, first month is like $13. Then its like $21 a month or something for 2 games out at a time. I was suprised just how quickly I filled up a list of games I was like "yea I'd like to just throw it in and play it a few times to see what its like."

Its basically netflix for games. With the DS, 360, and now Wii my console usage is way up. I've bought a number of 360 titles only to turn around and trade them in pretty soon after from beating them or just hating them. And I hate dealing with Blockbuster for games as you either want to return it immediately and get something else because you don't like it or you want to keep it longer. Their game rental prices suck. They do have like a monthly $20 gamer where you can have a game out as long as you want, but this seemed like a better deal plus BB is always out of the hot games.

Got Portrait of Ruin and Rainbow Six Vegas shipped and coming. Not bad considering RSV is a hot title and it even said there would be a wait for it but there wasn't.

I used to use gamefly but I switched to gameznflix. They have a military discount and it's 3 out at a time for $13. They don't have as big of a selection and some have complained about shipping times in their area, but for me it's been great. Either way renting online is the way to go. I've saved a lot of money on games I would have bought otherwise.

Back