• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
notyours.jpg

Well, I finally went and secured my copy of Twilight Princess for the Wii. I figure it was this or my bottle of Christmas Bailey's, and while the Bailey's would be delicious, it won't last as long or be nearly as satisfying as Twilight Princess.

I'm just tearing the cello-wrapper off right now, and I'll give my impressions after I start the pasta sauce I'm making for dinner.

Let's see if this game is truly worth all of the hype behind it ;)

I've been playing the game very, very slowly because I didn't want to get that deep in to the game until I got my component cables. They're finally in now and I can start playing it for real.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
My copy was stolen today. I'm only at the (lol, spoilers) Goron temple place.

How'd that happen? :eek:

I'd be pulling out the shotgun if I were you... :mad:

PhysX said:
hey oni, how about a pic of the power puff girl? still have it ? haha

Power Puff Girl? What do you mean? You mean the Bubbles doll that I used to have on my desk? I think I've still got it kicking around, but packed up somewhere. She's been replaced by my plush Cthulu.

SolidxSnake said:
How'd that happen? :eek:

I'd be pulling out the shotgun if I were you... :mad:

I imagine that he means by a girlfriend, friend, or other person he is related to in some way.

Figures, I have the Wii version of the game (no Wii), and my brother just came back with the GCN version of the game... I'm debating whether to play it on the GCN or wait 'till my Wii-day.

I heard this was sweet, and the review looked soooooo cool.

I'll be willing to bet, say, Senior Member status, that Oni cracks the screen of his TV in a sword swinging frenzy. I'm calling it right here.

If it's anything even close to Ocarina of Time, let me know. I don't mind bad graphics; hell, i still play OOT sometimes.

Seven said:
I heard this was sweet, and the review looked soooooo cool.

I'll be willing to bet, say, Senior Member status, that Oni cracks the screen of his TV in a sword swinging frenzy. I'm calling it right here.

If it's anything even close to Ocarina of Time, let me know. I don't mind bad graphics; hell, i still play OOT sometimes.

My bro was playing it, a couple minutes into the game, and I can already tell it's close to OOT. It looks incredible... It'd better be, it's been in development for too damn long, I remember seeing screens of Link fighting Ganon WAY back before Wind Waker was released, it was the same Link model as in Twilight Princess. Actually, now that I think of it, that screenie was probably near or before the GCN launch...

Oh Holy God this game is good.

I just managed to pry myself away from it. And it was literally pry.

Going into it, I had some worries. Like lag on the controller, battles being difficult due to the flicking motions of the Wiimote, but those have all so far turned out to be completely unfounded. This game handles fantastically. It's graphically stunning, but it is clearly a Gamecube game. That doesn't however take away from the game in any way shape or form. The game is still beautiful.

I was also worried about Midna. That she would be more annoying than helpful. But that was completely unfounded, too. She's a very interesting character, and it's going to be cool to see how she develops over the course of the story.

I must eat now. Then more Twilight Princess :D

Oni said:
I imagine that he means by a girlfriend, friend, or other person he is related to in some way.

Nope. Complete stranger. However, it WAS stolen in a room that has tens of thousands of networking equipment, so I can guarantee they saw him stealing my stuff. I have a list of all the people there, too.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Nope. Complete stranger. However, it WAS stolen in a room that has tens of thousands of networking equipment, so I can guarantee they saw him stealing my stuff. I have a list of all the people there, too.

Damn, that sucks then. Here's hoping that you manage to get it back.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
wow. If I were you, I would lock them all in a dungeon and not let them leave until they tell you who took it, give it back, or buy you a new copy.

And Oni, try not to get so into the game you break something with your wiipen (Ive started calling the controller that :p )

Oni said:
Oh Holy God this game is good.

I just managed to pry myself away from it. And it was literally pry.

Going into it, I had some worries. Like lag on the controller, battles being difficult due to the flicking motions of the Wiimote, but those have all so far turned out to be completely unfounded. This game handles fantastically. It's graphically stunning, but it is clearly a Gamecube game. That doesn't however take away from the game in any way shape or form. The game is still beautiful.

I was also worried about Midna. That she would be more annoying than helpful. But that was completely unfounded, too. She's a very interesting character, and it's going to be cool to see how she develops over the course of the story.

I must eat now. Then more Twilight Princess :D

haha, almost an exact quote of what i said when i got mine:

yah, i just got mine this morning, and picked up zelda with it. and i gotta say graphics, yes, you can tell its a gamecube port, but this is by no means a put down, these graphics are BEAUTIFUL .... for a game cube. they wont steal you away from the grafix in gears of war, but they will by no means diminish the experience. and i gotta say i was a little iffy about the controller for zelda, but after playing for a few hours, i have no complaints. its fun to pull out your sword, and slice away. the aiming is a godsend. over all it is just a flat out fun game, i cant wait to get more into it.

this game is friggin sweet, but i have to say, im getting a little tired of going into twilight and being the stupid wolf. id much rather be link. but oh well, its still amazing.

Oh man. I found the absolute best part of the whole game. This is pro'lly the reason I play this game:

I found the Fishing Hole.

I think I've burned 5 hours in that alone since I first found it. I think my best fish is a 24 inch Hylian Pike. My best Bass is about 21 or so, and I just got a new lure for my standard rod, and caught a 14 inch Hylian Loach! I've also managed to fish a bottle out of the fishing hole. Woot! Empty bottles are awesome!

I ended up spending all my rupees on the little marble game @ the fishing hut. If you complete all the stages you earn the right to use the frog lure, and I want it. I want it bad. I want it more than my next five minutes of oxygen. I want it more than I want Keeley Hazel (ok, maybe that's a strech :p). Also, if there is a sinking lure I want that, too. I'm not sure where to find it. In OoT, it was hidden around the fishing hole after you first caught the Loach. I'm going to assume that it's the same for Twilight Princess, but the new fishing hole is huge compared to the old one.

I've gotta show this minigame to my dad. He'll have an absolute blast playing it.

Oni said:
Oh man. I found the absolute best part of the whole game. This is pro'lly the reason I play this game:

I found the Fishing Hole.

I think I've burned 5 hours in that alone since I first found it. I think my best fish is a 24 inch Hylian Pike. My best Bass is about 21 or so, and I just got a new lure for my standard rod, and caught a 14 inch Hylian Loach! I've also managed to fish a bottle out of the fishing hole. Woot! Empty bottles are awesome!

I ended up spending all my rupees on the little marble game @ the fishing hut. If you complete all the stages you earn the right to use the frog lure, and I want it. I want it bad. I want it more than my next five minutes of oxygen. I want it more than I want Keeley Hazel (ok, maybe that's a strech :p). Also, if there is a sinking lure I want that, too. I'm not sure where to find it. In OoT, it was hidden around the fishing hole after you first caught the Loach. I'm going to assume that it's the same for Twilight Princess, but the new fishing hole is huge compared to the old one.

I've gotta show this minigame to my dad. He'll have an absolute blast playing it.

I had to do a google search to figure out who Keeley Hazel is. Google gave some REALLY nice pictures! ;) , And i want her as well :p

sadly, i'm not that far yet. tooo many games, not enough time.

I just played this game for a bit. Didn't get far at all, but damn it's fun so far. I'm with Oni, the game handles incredible.

Back