• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question regarding seller in F/s F/T section

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Has anyone ever bought anything from [email protected] as he has a few items(3 Radeon 8500's retail and a TI 500, P4 2.0ghz, Athlon XP 1900+,100GB Maxtor HD, PS2 system in the Overclockers.com F/S classified section , but the last email he send me said he doesnt take Paypal and only accepts CASH.

That sent up a big red flag in my noggin......warning warning danger Will Robinson.....Danger Danger.

But seriously, if he is legit Im buying one of his 8500's but not if he is a troll/ as packardmt isnt a registered forum name and trying to get him to identify himself, I asked him to supply a phone number for verification, but that email went unanswered.

Anyone know him? [email protected]

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here's a good thread in Vendor Discussion. Try to get as much info as possible from him. If he declines anything reasonable, forget about the deal

Cow, I found that reverse Phone number a usefull tool....Just bookmarked that.

I have purchased hundreds of items online and only taken once by a troll. But that was back when Paypal guaranteed the transaction.....Now Paypal doesnt guarantee cr@p and even with the old paypal buyer protection it took 20 phone calls to Paypal and sending the claim forms 3 seperate times, and they anticipate that the claimee will just aggrevated and give up.

LOL I didnt and got a full refund.

Anyway I appreciate your advise all and Its a shame that there are so many trolls out there, You just have to be on the vigil so you dont get trolled i guess.

Seems like a scam to me..

The reason he wants most likely wants cash because you will have nothing to say against him since it is cash..

Since the other are logged and he doesn't want to be caught or anything.

I sent the guy the url to this thread asking him to just stop by and possibly identify himself, he sent me this instead

i will take money order, i dont take paypal becuase i dont have a credit
card or bank account man, or i would get a paypal account. heres my phone #,
gimmi a call

I also tried cow's suggestion Reverse phone lookup and it produced nothing.

Lets see, he has 3 Radeon 8500's, a Ti500, a PIV 2GHZ, Athlon XP 1900+,100GB Maxtor HD, PS2 system for sale in the Overclockers.com F/S section but no Bank account......

Im gonna call tonight him tonight, but Im going to only buy if he agree's to use a Escrow.

Man, the price on the Visiontek Geforce 3 Ti500's are low compared to what they cost new. I just bought the retail Ti500 Visiontek from mwave.com for $313. I don't know if I would trust that person, it sounds too good to be true. With the reverse phone lookup coming up empty, that really throws a warning flag up. You might go look at the bad trader lists at anandtech's and hardocp's forums and see if you can find out anything too.

I think I'll pass on this one, as he has about $2-3 thousand dollars worth of stuff being sold in the F/S F/T section but the guy doesnt have a bank account......Something stinks in Denmark and its not the tulips.

Hey I could be wrong and this guy is legit, but the risk/ reward in this case is high.

Last edited:
Back