• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu Cooling Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drace

Excuse me if this is posted somewhere else here. Could someone plz direct me to a link that provides a high cfm, very good looking 120mm fan? Preferably that looks well and has a light or possibly even LED. Thanks

depending on how it mounts to the cpu, you might want to get one of these, cheap, cool looking, and good cfm, not to mention very quiet

Cpu Fan

It is going on an ultra-120 heatsink. I am not really worried about noise. I would like to find a real nice looking fan with a high cfm tho.

Drace said:
Excuse me if this is posted somewhere else here. Could someone plz direct me to a link that provides a high cfm, very good looking 120mm fan? Preferably that looks well and has a light or possibly even LED. Thanks
well alright Drace, unlike everyone else, I will show you what you want. I have one of these fans on my AC Freezer 7 Pro right now and its doing a fine job. They also come in black

they tend to be a bit loud at full speed, but when udervolted just a bit, they are MUCH better.

Aerocool fans on a heatsink? I've never used them so I can't compare, but it seems like with their fin design they wouldn't be very efficient at pushing air through any kind of restriction (ie: heatsink fins). Like I said I've never used them, but they seem kinda gimmicky.

To the OP: I'm more inclined to use normal black fans and then use cathodes and leds for "accent" lighting since there aren't really any LED fans that are really high quality, but if you really don't care about noise you could always pick up an Antec fan or a Thermaltake Thunderblade. Mind you I'm pretty sure they're sleeve bearing and they're not quiet, but you could do alot worse.

The Thunderblade on my backup system is about as loud as every fan (note: 10 or 11 fans) in my primary machine turned to ~7v.

Back