• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Folding Goals for 2007!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Like the title says... share your personal Folding Goal for 2007.

My goal is to put up 1 million points in 2007. Not reach 1 million total, but Fold 1 million in 2007. That'll put me ~1.7 million points total. I can do it! :santa:

I would like to hit 500k total points by the 13th of June. If I can increase my PPD by a little bit then I think I can do it.

my goal is to pass all of you , well except Nik , but everyone else .
I do plan on adding some nice power after the silly season , prolly start with 2 or 3 C2D's and hopefully add atleast 3 more over the year .
Learn Diskless, Headless folding procedures and STOMP you all oh and SMP and Linux :attn: :attn: :attn:

only doing @7500ppw so I definately want to double - triple that

My goal is for the Tortise to make it to page 1.....hopefully before the Haire(Cajun Rabbit) does.:D

Staying in davekusa's company. Make it to the top twenty something folders. Finish my one folding case with the tenth and final motherboard layer. Hit 1.5 million additional points for the year.

Lofty said:
Reach page 10 (up 5 pages) and reach 20,000 points.

I'm sorry, I don't envisage myself doing much more.

As I am sure you know, you and others like you are the foundation of our team. Each of my three children still living at home has about $1,000 in the bank which was acquired by bending over and picking up one found penny (and pocket change pennies) at a time. You guys make the difference by shear numbers.

Hopefully my goals will get me well out of the 100-200ppd range im in right now.
The thing that makes this hard... Is that i am trying to get it all done before i go back to school in less than a month.

1) Borg my dad's 2400+ i built for him... maybe up the clock on it a tad for a bit more PPD. -- Done
2) Borg my Pint M 1.8ghz laptop -- Done

3) Set up a headless folding farm with with 4 nodes. -- Done
has 3 nodes atm, pint M, P4 HT 3.6, XP 2400+ All she needs is some fine tuning.

4) Build my next main desktop... with an E6600 and X1950 gpu. -- Done
I think i will have it run a single instance on the CPU and then a GPU instance 24/7... After all, no SMP for me untill a windows smp client comes out.

Last edited:
I was hoping to make it to page 1 overall by the end of 2006 .... it will be close.

Haven't thought much about next year yet ... but should be able to figure something out by the new year.

One goal tho is unchanged from this year and last .... to help the cause to find directly or indirectly treatments and cures, and of course to have fun doing it with T32 :D.

Silver said:
Lofty said:
Reach page 10 (up 5 pages) and reach 20,000 points.

I'm sorry, I don't envisage myself doing much more.
As I am sure you know, you and others like you are the foundation of our team. Each of my three children still living at home has about $1,000 in the bank which was acquired by bending over and picking up one found penny (and pocket change pennies) at a time. You guys make the difference by shear numbers.
well said!!! :attn:

my personal goal for 2007 is make the Top 3 ranking of the team and hit 10 millions mark!! definitely not an easy task, but I'll try.... hopefully w/ new hardwares (quad core, R600, G80, etc.), new client (windows smp please!!), and some good WUs (we had QMDs in 05', 1495/1497s in 06', will see what's coming up next ;) ), it will make my goal easier to reach... :santa:

I really don't have much of a goal except to fold 24/7 with a couple of machines. My Christmas present this year to me is to "pull out all the stops" and say the hell with the light bill. I discovered the Overfoldix live CD and now I'm searching for cheapo mobo's for a Celey 346 (skt 775) and a P4 1.9 (Willamette, skt 478) I'm using the Overfoldix CD on a P4 2.60 (OC'ed to 3.20 GHz) "headless" and "diskless" (no hard drive) machine, it's not exactly breaking any ppd records, but the way I figure it "every little bit helps" :) . I'm also looking for a socket "A" AMD chip (a Duron or XP 2000+ chip), the mobo has PC133 RAM slots. I'd also like to get a X2 chip to upgrade my 3000+ with (then I'd have to get another 939 mobo, it never ends) and if I'm really lucky, win the lottery :D I know it's not much of a farm, but it's a good size "window box". (hey, I was in jail, many moons ago, with a guy that got busted for growing dope in a "window box" right across the street from the police station. D'oh :eh?: )

PS: Does anyone know how to get a USB activated PSU (APC something, and probably too cheap a UPS to do anything with) to work on more than one machine? What I mean is the PSU has a USB cable ( would some type of splitter work?) that plugs into the back of my machine (presently plugged into my 4200). What I would like to do is put my PD 805 on it too. (if not possible, it looks like time to buy another UPS :-/ ) The building I live in has a problem with the wiring and I'm afraid to go off and leave the machines folding. (they just upgraded it and might have goofed up) It's not that the power goes out for long periods, just intermittently, unpredictably and just enough to cause a reboot. If my F@H was on a service type deal it would probably fix everything, but I like to mess with both WinXP and Linux (dual booting) and a service type deal is just a hassle (only my personal opinion). :attn:

Anyway thanx for any replies and Keep on Keepin' on in the folding direction. This is one dynamite forum. (again no mush intended) :D

Edit: No matter what your ppd. Thanx for the effort, my real mother died from that freakin' piece of crap disease called cancer, she was only 32 years old. I'd really like to see us find a cure in my lifetime, not only for cancer, but to all of the freakin' diseases F@H combats :mad:

Last edited:
my goals is to get a solid 2000ppd and to reach the 2nd page on the EOC stat page.

oh, i also want to start a small farm and have them all running headless and diskless.

Back