• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another where to buy neoprene? thread..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ogerx

currently looking at the stuff on: http://www.mcmaster.com/
but wondering exactly what kind/sizes would be needed for insulating:
back of mobo, cpu socket, water block, and probably vid card and block..

any help with exactly what to order or somewhere else to buy would be sweet.
Thanks

For insulating Polyethylene is much cheaper and should work just as well. 1/2" thick 12x12" sheets are $4.83.
part# 8865K112 for no adhesive backing
part# 8865K512 for sheets with adhesive backing

Maybe someone else can chime in with what they use.

I've never tried Polyethylene, but if Slug suggests it, its worth a shot. Personally, my favorite is part #5541K11, neoprene with a medium-strength adhesive that's much easier to remove than the Armaflex you find in B&M hardware stores. 30' x 2", 1/8" thick, $10.15. Small and flexible, so you can fit it just about anywhere, and its the best for insulating waterblocks. Enough to last for quite a lot of insulation.

If you don't need adhesive, 8647K233 is really cost-effective. 42" x 2' x 1/4" for just over 6 bucks. I don't think it can get much cheaper than this.

Thank you! finally have some insulation on the way.. you guys own.

now I just need to: cut and seal cooler, buy coolant/grease/fun stuff, order new waterblock tops, buy a torch, and learn to braze.. whee (grr never-ending projects)

well the shtuff Gautum linked came already(still dunno what they charged for shipping..)
foamy.jpg

looks like more than enough.

Ogerx said:
(grr never-ending projects)
just found out dangerden no longer carries brass maze4 gpu tops.. only chrome plated:bang head

Back