• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOYO K7V Dragon+ or ABIT KR7A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anthrax121

I'd like some opinions. I'm going to be purchasing a new motherboard, very soon hopefully. I've been looking at the ABIT KR7A. I had a bad experience with the KT7A board from ABIT which makes me a bit wary, but I am willing to try it again. I havent heard anything bad about the SOYO board yet. I'm not looking for overclocking functions (not gonna mess with an XP, or FSB anymore) The ATA133 support of the Abit board looks nice but I would end up buying a RAID controller card instead of using onboard if i ever did decide to use it.

Anyway, any feedback/opinions/whatever welcomed.

Thanks!

If you are not planning to actually USE the onboard components like RAID, 5.1 sound, or ethernet, or the card reader, for that matter, then there is no reason to pay the extra money for the Soyo Dragon Plus.

If you are an avid overclocker, the Dragon does NOT have vDimm (vMem) adjustment. But overall, that is about the Dragon's ONLY shortcoming.

If you are not planning to do much overclocking, but are looking for good performance, just about ANY KT266A motherboard and DDR 2100 memory should do. Just pick the features you want to pay for and there you go.

It's Dragon time

I placed my order Wednesday with newegg.com, and the Dragon+ and XP 1600+ are on their way. Thank god for FedEx tracking! I just hope it will be waiting for me at home when I knock off from work. I'll post here when I have any results.

get the dragon, its a really good board, and it has all the onboard stuff so you can save your pci slots, and if you are going to overclock your fsb, there will not be as many cards that will inhibite you from upping the power

Back