• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for Preslor 3.0 930

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drace

Hello all,

I am having a good amount of trouble Overclocking my processor with my ni8 sli mobo. I havent had any luck with someone suggesting or even having successfully Oced a Ni8 sli with a preslor 3.0 930 processor, so i am wondering what would be a good motherboard to go with my 3.0 930 preslor D that would also support the chipset for the new core duo's. I will probably upgrade down the line and want to be able to do so with replacing everything. I am looking no more than 150$ for a mobo.

Thanks in advance

I think most would agree that the Asus P5B would be the best bet in that price range. They've been known to clock pre-Core 2 CPU's very well, and of course do great with Core 2's. Also worth considering is the P5B-E, which has a richer feature set, including onboard 1394a, Gigabit LAN, etc.

Problem with both of these boards is that they are a little low on the vdimm, but not enough to hinder anything unless you require the tightest timings possible.

Back