• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advise : case selection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stdu007

I just buy an evga 680i sli board and i build a sli config and i got some heat :mad: issue with this built ... when i play some game my video card turn arround 80 degres :mad: ... (zalman vf900 full speed) so i just plan to change my case to one of these two king

1- silverstone tj09
1.s.jpg

or

2- coolermaster cm stacker 830
2528-door.jpg

so any advise on that ... :bday:

Out of those 2 choices I like the coolermaster beter. I like the option to put the psu on the bottom, or have 2 PSUs. I like the idea that is also big enough to have a fish tank inside of it. I am thinking of building a high end rid and that case is one of my possible choices.

Another choice for me is the Antec 900 I think this is a really sharp looking case and I always wanted to try an alternative location for the PSU. It is on the bottom in the Antec.

Goos luck and let us know what you choose!

jimmsch said:
Out of those 2 choices I like the coolermaster beter. I like the option to put the psu on the bottom, or have 2 PSUs. I like the idea that is also big enough to have a fish tank inside of it. I am thinking of building a high end rid and that case is one of my possible choices.

Another choice for me is the Antec 900 I think this is a really sharp looking case and I always wanted to try an alternative location for the PSU. It is on the bottom in the Antec.

Goos luck and let us know what you choose!

The CM Stacker 830 does not have the option to PSU bottom. The cmstacker stc-01 and 810, are both similar and have psu top or bottom. I personally have gotten the stc-01 with side panel and love it, but that is not in your list of options. Ive heard good things about the 830, but the look wasn't for me. :beer:

So after looking to some review ... the silverstone got some advence for now ...
fot the mountain mods it quite interesting but ... i'm from Canada ... so it a little bit pricy ... and shipping cost to ...

so if any other comments feel free to leave it here ...

thank's

hmmm well i dont have n e expierence with either but i can tell you one thing

A lian Li V200b plus 2 is an AMAZING case!!!!! my temps are AMAZING with this case and the placement of fans couldnt be better... pluss theres SOOOOOOOOO MUCH room its insane!

First of all, what is the ambient temperature of the room the computer is located, and the ambient temperature within the case? The vf900 is a fantastic GPU HSF and if you're getting up to 80c than I suspect that a) your vf900 is not applied correctly b) you didn't use a high-performance TIM (I used AS5) or c) your ambient temperature is high to begin with.

I would definately look into the V series from Lian Li with the fan on the case door panel. It should keep your SLI cards really cool.

Ambient temps is arround 22 degres c ... i alway use as5 ... i will let you know the difference when i got the tj09 ... (i just reseated the 2 vf900 last day) and maybe it take some time to the as5 to be at is best ... for now they run arround 70 to 72 at full load ...

72 degrees on full load, sli setup is amazing! what are you talking about.

It would be lower if the cards had room to breathe but since their so close the card on top will be sucking in hot air.... but wow, i dont understand you :rolleyes: 72 in sli is very good :) it was just a misseated cooler i gues..

i got a lian li pcv1000 ... so the video card are in the top of the case and just behind the cd drive so no good ventilation come in by the front of the case ... so maybe .. i think it's the problem ... 40-45 degres celcius at idle ... i think it's ok for a sli set up ... but when i play a game for a few hours the temp goes to 70-75 degres celcius ... so before i made this set up in sli the card was running at 55-60 degres celcius ... sli raised the temp by 15 degres ... wow !!!

so this is where i think got a ventilation problem ... the heat stuck between the 2 card ...

Ijust received the case this week ... dam it's huge ... but no where inside to hide the cable ... so very hard to make a clean inside look ... but for the heat it is great ... my sli setup just get down from 7 degres at idle and near 15 degres in load ... so it's very interesting ... i will work around the cable management and post a pic for what i do ... so thank's to all of you ...

Back