• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] Build a C2D rig piece by piece in CAD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

hey all.

hitting canada for the holidays to see family and such for a week maybe more, i would like to get my uncle a new build, or at least some parts to get him started, he has wanted to build a new one but cash is short for him.

Will over clock so thinking the c2d 1.8, main usage for this comp will be to play Flight Sim X and regular Inet and email usage, and the odd other game here and there, he has never really

his current rig is an

AMD 64 3200+ / 1g single channel pc3200 / 9800 AIW / 80 maxtor drive.

He doesnt have alot of cash so i want to get some parts for him to get started.

i am not ordering online, i am going in store, the 2 stores i primarly use in Canada are

www.pccanada.com
www.pcvillagecanada.com
can also visist http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/ (site seems to be down)

So , if anyone can give me some direction on a good build, i figure total around $1500 - maybe $2k CAD, using those 2 sites would be much appreciate. (dont forget , T.O has %14 sales tax, so total with out taxes can be around $1700 / $1800 CAD)

Last edited:
Do you plan on using any of the old parts? If he doesn't game a lot you could reuse the video card.

nope, no old parts :)

he had wanted to just buy a new vid card for his system, but he has had it for sometime so i told him lets just slowly get him onto the new goods, his old system may go to his g/f son.

Back