• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enough room for 8800gtx in a Lian Li PC-61?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

The case looks pretty small, but I like how simplistic it is. It's also only 100 bucks and lian li is awesome. So what do you think? Will a 8800gtx fit in this thing? I had a lot of trouble fitting just a x1900xtx in a P180....

I dont see why it wouldnt. 8800GTX fit in my 14" dell sized tower heh. snap a pic and show that card in your 180 though. it should fit just fine. how much does the card extend past the mobo?

The card is 11 and 1/2 inches long if that helps.

@Valk: What Dell case are you using? I have a spare XPS 410 lying around that looks really nice and I was worried about being able to fit long cards in it. Is it the same case that you have?

Last edited:
I think it will. Youll just have to move the HDD's to the front as much as possible. And worst case scenario, you can always mod the HDD cage, or remove it and place the HDD's where the floppy drive is. Depending how many HDD's you have.

If you dont have a lot of hardrives, sleds are really cheap for the basic angle metal ones. they make them in all kinds of varieties though, some including rubber mounting, others with removable trays with fans.
My case isnt a dell, its a foxconn tw-01, which just kinda has that dell feel to it. I wouldnt be suprised if foxconn made the dell cases.

http://ev0one.net/ocforums/hime/caseinside.jpg

Depending on the motherboard you're using (i.e., how low the card sits in the case) and if you're willing to give up the removable drive cage you could get it to fit.

So you can see what you'd be working with, I took a pic of the 6800GT in my PC-61 along with a tape measure I taped across the side. There's no way you could retain the drive cage--the question is if the motherboard had the card low enough to fit under the "front" 3.5" bays.

Attachments

• 2006-12-19 002s.jpg
    2006-12-19 002s.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 137
Back