• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Info on Noctua fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enz660

I sent out a few emails of when these amazing fans will be in stock...here is what I got

Jabtech: "Yes we have a batch enroute, probably a week or so before they arrive though."
Frozen CPU: "Hi – thanks for the suggestion; I’m forwarding your email to our purchasing guys and hopefully they can see about bringing in the Noctua fans."
Performance PC: "Yes, soon."

I dont know if anyone else wants these fans as badly as I do ;) Two of these puppies on a scythe infinity = GOD!

Last edited:
47cfm.. preasure of a 25mm err.. how about 7 bucks.
quiet != performance by a long shot.

It seems like a sooped up yate loon to me.

rofl YES IT DOES :beer:

But really, these fans would be best for any case really, not heatsinks. I hear they dont have as good air pressure as the traditional design.

from the review at SPCR they seem like an amazing fan.. but for 17 bucks NO WAY... i can get 5 yate loons and still come out a couple bucks better... now if they were around 7 bucks... then i may buy one.... but the color scheem... NAW... YATE LOON FTW

not heatsinks. I hear they dont have as good air pressure as the traditional design.
Don't seem to be doing bad though:) Noctua NH-U12F and NF-S12 Review (Scroll down 2 find review :))

Turiq Tower vs. Noctua NH-U12 (More Fins vs. Extra Heatpipe) shows it comparable to ttbig typhoon

17 for a single fan? before shipping?
Welcome to the real world :) just shelled out around $20 for this Panaflo FBA12G12U-1C although tyhat includes 17.5% tax = £8.5 ex tax = $17 Got it to go with new Thermalright Ultra 120, would have gone with the Noctua NH-U12 but there are fitting issues on a number of the conroe boards i want to use it with.

Luck:)
luck:)

Poor, poor, little fans...just can't get any respect..

I get a laugh when I read these threads about how much you are willing to pay...or not pay...for a fan. Come on folks...get real...you will spend hundreds & hundreds of dollars...maybe even thousands of dollars ( or whatever your country's currency is), on gettting the latest board..cpu...vid card..memory..psu..cpu hsf...case...etc...will spend lots of money and time on modding projects...and yet...spend $15-$20 on a good fan?? "what, are you CRAZY or something!! Do you think that I'm gonna spend $1500.00 on my new rig and then spend $15 to $20 for a fan!!!:eek: No sir...not me..I would NEVER spend $15.00 for a fan to keep my $1500.00 computer cool..:rolleyes: !!"

Sounds rather silly to me..:rolleyes:

Poor, poor, little fans...just can't get any respect.

stevejr said:
Poor, poor, little fans...just can't get any respect..

I get a laugh when I read these threads about how much you are willing to pay...or not pay...for a fan. Come on folks...get real...you will spend hundreds & hundreds of dollars...maybe even thousands of dollars ( or whatever your country's currency is), on gettting the latest board..cpu...vid card..memory..psu..cpu hsf...case...etc...will spend lots of money and time on modding projects...and yet...spend $15-$20 on a good fan?? "what, are you CRAZY or something!! Do you think that I'm gonna spend $1500.00 on my new rig and then spend $15 to $20 for a fan!!!:eek: No sir...not me..I would NEVER spend $15.00 for a fan to keep my $1500.00 computer cool..:rolleyes: !!"

Sounds rather silly to me..:rolleyes:

Poor, poor, little fans...just can't get any respect.

lol... hwo many fans do you have in your case... currently i have 6 120mm fans... now 6 x 17 = $102 FOR FANS... JEZUS CRIST... now yate loons which push slightly less ammount of air than the noctua fan, but are just as good of quality, and better colors IMO (black, orange... not pink and purple) i could get 6 for 18 bucks.... 18 bucks vs 102... for the same ammount of fans... thats a HUGE difference.

$84.00 difference....compared to all of the money that you have spent on your 4 computers....my point precisely.

Just for example...you have a Lian Li V200b Plus 2 case.....that goes for almost $300.00 at Newegg....why did you spend so much for that case when a much cheaper case would have held your components just as well? See what I mean? It's a matter of perspective and priority....are your other cases just as expensive as your Lian Li? You are able to afford 4 computers...must cost you quite a bit of money....and you are saying that $84.00 is such a "huge" expense??

I am in no way trying to be mean or irritate you in any way...or to say that you have to spend $15.00 per fan....just trying to point out the inconsistency in the way that money is spent on the different parts of the computer.

I hope that my ideas and opinions are taken in the spirit of friendly discussion.

Seems like a waste of money. You can get two good fans and a fan controller for that price.

moto7451...."seems like a waste of money"...:confused: That's what I mean...it's a matter of priority and importance...:) there is such a big deal made over the price of a fan but I don't see the same "seems like a waste of money" discussions being made over how much one pays for a psu...or a gpu...or a case...etc...:) It's only when the topic of fans is brought up that "wasting money" is so quickly pointed out.

Poor, poor fans...can't get no respect!! :cry:

Really your paying for equivelent products, why pay $17 for a pound of beef chuck when a pound of pork loin is $3.00? Simple micro-economics says its a bad deal.

Back