• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS, TUSL2-C, vcore & I/O voltage problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

downunder

Registered
I read earlier in this forum that the ASUS TUSL2-C had problems with the Vcore & I/O voltages in that they were being reported as high by the system.

Is this really a system problem? Is it a measuring problem? OR Has this been fixed with the later bios, that allows Vcore & I/O adjustments?

i'm on the verge of buying an 815 'b' step m/board to replace my dead BE6-2 (ver 1.2)...capacitor problem..ahhhh

......alas poor be6-2, i knew him well!

Should it be the ASUS TUSL2-C or the Abit ST6R? i'm leaning to the ASUS because of Abit's lack of service & good QA over the last year or 2, although the BE6-2 was good while it lasted!

Actually, I've heard similar horror stories about Asus lacking good service too. I have never heard anything bad about Abit's QA though and I've had 3 Abit boards compared to only one Asus. Either way, both are great boards. Sorry, but don't know about whether the TUSL2 is still buggy or not. I love my current Abit SA6-R which is the same as the ST6 except without the Tualatin support. Very stable and lots of nice features.

Well if you want a good OC'n board you will go with the ST6. I could get my chip more stable on that than on the TUSL2. I don;t like alot of the features like default I/O being at 3.5. You can adjust it dow to 3.3v but since default is 3.5v I ask my self why. That heats everything up a little more the ram, chipset, pci bus, vid card. Everything. My st6 gets along great at 3.3v. I think 3.3v is what it is supposed to be too. Your choice. That is my ***** plus possibly the vtt ends up getting the same amount of juice as the vcore which is even worse than a 3.5v I/O.

I have dealt with ABIT, I got a RMA # and the slip emailed to me for the RMA. If you have the receipt for the board they will replace if or fix it for nothing. If you don;t I think the RMA will cost $20. You only have a 1 year warranty opn the board from the day of purchase with ABIT. Without the receipt how do they know you haven't had it longer. I didn;t really have any problems. I have yet to send in the board but I am going to soon as the warranty runs out in Feb.

i was expressly interested in your comments ol'man as you have had experience with both boards and posted the info in this forum about TUSL2-C problems.

thanks gents, it's the Abit board then.

I have a tusl2-c and with my normal coppermine 128 cel 800, anytime I adjust the voltage above 1.700v, it's always reported around 1.800 and up by mbm. In the bios it's about 1.79v. However, this is for Ol'man: the aux voltage in sisoft sandra increases to whatever I set in the bios as the core voltage.

h2k said:

Thanks. I know this:) That is the problem. I think at least one outfit is putting the vtt and vcore on the same circut which is powerleap and I think possibly asus is too. If one can do it why not another.

ol' man said:

Thanks. I know this:) That is the problem. I think at least one outfit is putting the vtt and vcore on the same circut which is powerleap and I think possibly asus is too. If one can do it why not another.

Welcome back, you've been away for a few... saw this one and decided to save it just for you ;)

Pinky said:

Welcome back, you've been away for a few... saw this one and decided to save it just for you ;)

Well have you seen what I have been upto:D

Cryocool

Haven't had much time for anything else.

Back