• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

factory ocd 8800's....they are here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

Well XFX did it...

http://xfxforce.com/web/viewFeature.jspa?featureId=794315

factory ocd 8800s

8800gtx stock is 575/1.8ghz and the XXX edition from XFX is 630/2ghz (which im sure my evga 8800gts would do)

and the 8800gts stock is 500/1.6 and they ocd it to 550/1.8...

woopty crap... i wonder how many ppl are going to pay so much more when they could buy the card from evga and have a lifetime warrenty and a LOT better name and rep... the greatest thing of all

• Custom bios that deliver insane action
• Tested to impossible standards with 3Dmark06
• GeForce 8 graphics architecture

LOL well ya its a custom bios... they had to reflash it for different clocks (not likely they messed with ram timings)

AHAHAHHAHAH impossible standards thats one of them oxymorons like hard rock

geforce 8 graphics archhitecture... thats what your buying...:rolleyes:

come on XFX.... get real

(BTW the cooler thats on my card does VERY well @ 600/1900 with the fan at 60% duty cycle it never got over 63*c in a "impossible standard" of 3dmark 06 :beer: )

No real point in getting these, unless you are a real OC newb. Almost anyone can OC the 8800GTX and GTS to higher clocks than what they have. Heck, I have my GTS at 630/2000.

i would take a XFX card over a evga any damn day!!! and if your card will run it so run it that fast if not then shhhhhh...more or less put up or shut up... and i belive xfx has 2x lifetime
from XFX site... http://xfxforce.com/web/support/showWarranty.jspa?regionId=1&productGenerationId=730964

" Protect Your Card-And Its Next Owner-With XFX's Breakthrough Double Lifetime Warranty

Introducing the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty.

What does it mean for you?
Simple: Protection.

What does it mean for your card's next owner?*
Easy: Protection. "
any day i would take that card over and EVGA crap just mho....

Ive never personally owned an Nvidia card but in some builds ive done ive always gone with XFX and was satisfied with there products. And about the card being for OC newbs i know some friends of mine dont like having to mess with OC'ing tools and worry about cooling. So this card would be perfect for them, but then again no one i know goes above the resolution of 1280x1024 so a ~$600 card wouldnt be justified, lol.

I don’t think the XFX 2x life time lets you change the factory heat sink though. I know the eVGA life time warranty lets you put an after market heatsink on and still covers you. I think once you remove the stock stuff from the XFX you also remove the warranty.

eVGA>XFX IMO –

My first graphics card was an eVGA ti4200 – she’s still my backup and runs like new.

The only reason my current card isn’t an eVGA is they were out of stock and I get impatient.

dont get me wrong, im not trying to flame the XFX brand - when i was hunting for my 6800 i almost got the 6800 XT from XFX - then i found the BFG

when i got my 76gs with passive cooling i called them and asked them about cooling they said it would not affect the warrenty or anything as long as it came back with the factory cooling on it

after reading idk if its coverd also but if they are putting out factory oc'ed cards that are as fast or faster then what we can do.. i dont have a problem with it... i know my 76gs will not do much more then where its clocked at... 522/1.04 is all the better i can do... on stock cooling

I thought no one was allowed to OC the 8800s?

Did Xfx get special permission?

As for warranties, as long as you don't register the eVga... the next person can register is and still get it...

this is off their site...

The XFX 8800 GeForce® XXX Series is the first of its kind and so fast it wasn’t legal until now. Good thing XFX has been waiting for the okay to release their version of Nvidia’s chip set so you can immediately take advantage of the overclocked and pimped out performance. For years the XFX development team re-tooled the potential of Nvidia chips and gamed with superiority but couldn’t release these souped-up prodigies to the public. Maybe it was playing dirty, but as gamers themselves they couldn’t resist creating pure performance. Finally, the playing field has been leveled and you can get your hands on the first overclocked card series available.

Last edited:
Memphis69 said:
but if they are putting out factory oc'ed cards that are as fast or faster then what we can do..

you know, i can't provide a link to it but i remember seeing a 7900 GS that was XFX XXX or XX and it had like a 600 or 650MHz core. a buddy of mine has the 7900 GS and i didnt think he was able to hit 650 core. i was impressed by that.

I have the 7600gt XXX and have my core currently at 646 and memory at 1.7 but not on stock cooling..

ChinStrap said:
you know, i can't provide a link to it but i remember seeing a 7900 GS that was XFX XXX or XX and it had like a 600 or 650MHz core. a buddy of mine has the 7900 GS and i didnt think he was able to hit 650 core. i was impressed by that.

problem is the fact that they overvolt the cores over spec to get these clocks.... thus as with any overvolting there is more heat and more stress... an i coulda SWORN nvidia specifically said that companies could NOT factory oc the 8800s because they didnt want a 7900 mishap again.

nd4spdbh2 said:
problem is the fact that they overvolt the cores over spec to get these clocks.... thus as with any overvolting there is more heat and more stress... an i coulda SWORN nvidia specifically said that companies could NOT factory oc the 8800s because they didnt want a 7900 mishap again.

did you read the link they got it " ok'ed " by who not sure but if XFX is willing to stand behind thier stuff... and get them kinda speeds out of it why not... to me it sounds like a very fast card with some killer goodies for not much more then a non-oc'ed one...but thats just my 2cents.... :beer:

Memphis69 said:
i would take a XFX card over a evga any damn day!!! and if your card will run it so run it that fast if not then shhhhhh...more or less put up or shut up... and i belive xfx has 2x lifetime
from XFX site... http://xfxforce.com/web/support/showWarranty.jspa?regionId=1&productGenerationId=730964

" Protect Your Card-And Its Next Owner-With XFX's Breakthrough Double Lifetime Warranty

Introducing the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty.

What does it mean for you?
Simple: Protection.

What does it mean for your card's next owner?*
Easy: Protection. "
any day i would take that card over and EVGA crap just mho....

I wouldn't take a xfx over an evga. Dealing with evga is a dream and they are more in tune with the overclocking crowd. If I didn't get such a good deal on this xfx I would defiantly get evga.
Overclocked cards are cool for the people that don't want to mess around with it. I'd rather have an extra 20 bucks or whatever...

i think the worse 8800gtx do 625/2000

all the gts i seen do gtx clocks on their worse day...

the headroom is built into these cards from the specific peices involved, especially on the gts...

so far all i am hearing or reading is ppls saying what thier cards will do... and i am reading that xfx is saying and standing behind their card at them speeds.. i dont think is a bad idea.. its just me.. tho..

Memphis69 said:
so far all i am hearing or reading is ppls saying what thier cards will do... and i am reading that xfx is saying and standing behind their card at them speeds.. i dont think is a bad idea.. its just me.. tho..

your right its not a bad idea but nvidia specifically didnt want this to happen... factory ocd cards can cause big problems like the first gen 7900 series.... pluss if there is another mishap with factory ocd cards i would MUCH rather deal with evga than xfx.

I don't see anything bad or wrong with companies putting out OC'd versions. I am gald XFX has received permission to do so. I guess it depends on the individual making the purchase....buy a stock card and OC it or buy an already OC'd card, buyers choice IMHO.

nd4spdbh2 said:
your right its not a bad idea but nvidia specifically didnt want this to happen... factory ocd cards can cause big problems like the first gen 7900 series.... pluss if there is another mishap with factory ocd cards i would MUCH rather deal with evga than xfx.

not picking a fight or anything... but at this point i guess only time will tell for sure what will happen at the point the only thing that matters is we are all suporting Nvidia!

I had to go through 3 RMAs with an XFX 7900GT I had. Finally, XFX let me pay the difference and get an 8800GTS. Moreover, they made the transaction a cross-shipment, as well as sending pre-paid Fed Ex to pick up my old card. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Back