• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking XP issues...help if you can

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoskO (_!_)

I unlocked my XP a few nights ago using glue and the defogger repair stuff. My first try I could set the multiplier to whatever I wanted and it worked fine. Posted on any setting. Then it for some reason it failed and wouldn't allow anything but stock setting of 10.5x (1600+)
I removed the traces and retraced after cleaning them thoroughly. I took my time and they looked great. Now I can unlock it to 11 and 11.5. but when I try 12 it pushes it back to 11x. My previous experience was that it just didn't work if something wasn't unlocked with tbird or duron. Wierd that some work and others push it back to something other than default. Any ideas? It runs at 1800+ still.....1.54ghz. But any higher with the multiplier and it sets it backwards to "1700+".
Thanks, sorry for the PR references

also it might have looked good one of the bridges might have not been properly connected.I suggest u use a multimeter to check if any current can go through.
If not available just try and redo them again.Try not to get any cross linkage.
U can check the unlocking the XP at toms hardware.

Back