• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best driver for older radeon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bwanaaa

While driver version 6.12 is out, my radeon 9700 does not support some of the newer features. Why should I load the bloat? Not only am I not going to load CCC, but I would like to know when ATI stopped improving the drivers for these older but ground breaking video cards? I am thinking v 6.7?

bwanaaa said:
but I would like to know when ATI stopped improving the drivers for these older but ground breaking video cards?

Because they see no money in it.

i didnt say why, i said when. i want to know which are the tightest drivers for a 9700 without all the _unnecessary_ code.

With cats. and your card. Get something starting with 5.x maybe early 6.x. When I used an older 9200AIW. I liked the later 4.x cats. Actually, my fav was the 4.10's. They made it purr. (yeah chezzy pun).

As an alternate. I used some older NGO drivers that made my old 9200 work really good. Not running .Net for the older cards is a plus.

Back