• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1950 PRO 512MB AGP in stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Will work with 4x agp.

Basicly for agp , if it fits in the slot it will work.

I have the x1950 PRO 256 AGP Folding in a 4x motherboard
I tried a older motherboard but it wouldn't fit (2x agp)

Silver, Let me know how it folds. I got 2 more boxen that could use a bump.

Cool! :thup: That would make a nice upgrade for my aging (no SSE) Socket A TBird. :santa:

davekusa said:
Silver, Let me know how it folds. I got 2 more boxen that could use a bump.

Will do. Problem now is how to figure out setting things up. Gpu folder on the core 2's would kick out of (end folding) when I remotely connected to check them out. Thus I put them it on a kvm and connected to the others remotely. since I have switched things over to smp I have all four kvm's filled with smp and my main box in order to check/mod things and all others on remote. Problem now is how to remotely connect to these gpu folders or how to remotely connect from xp pro to the kubuntu smp folders. Not sure how I am going to do either.

Does this card vent to the outside of the case?:confused:

I have a P3 that has a 4x slot. Will it fold with a 450 MHz P3 and a 4x slot?:confused:

Harlam: Will this work with a 4x AGP mobo?

What I've read is that if it will fit into the slot it will work, but that an 8x card will only work as fast as a 4x card when placed into a 4x slot.

Anyone have any ideas how this would affect folding performance?

I'll find out how well they do on celly d's. Plan to bring back to stock or possibly underclock (?) the celly d's and run these. Managed to get two of them in the brief time they were available.:)

Since my mobo died for my Opty system, I had to see about getting it up and running first before trying out these 1950 Pro AGP cards. I have a couple of rigs that these should do well with later on if they look like they are good points producers. But I did order a PCI-e 1950 Pro/512 for the new mobo for the Opty rig and they are actually cheaper than the AGP model you linked to, Dave.

Muddocktor, got the opties running on a dual pci-e board here but given the points production of the smp client I have pulled the pci-e vid card for now. Will hold on to it and am looking to up the production of the agp boards. I expect the 1950 agp cards to produce well given that it appears that the agp won't be saturated. If I can get another year out of the old cellys then all would be good.

Cuda, trying to keep Bayna off my back. His breath on the back of my neck is entering into my personal space and making my hair stand on end.

edit: just been notified that cuda = bayna = cuda = bayna. Hood winked I've been! BTW, I'm good with the Cuda. Had a Dart myself years ago in the mode of the times, air shocks, traction bars, etc. Mopar.

Last edited:
I'll have to put something in sig so peeps know what name i'm folding under.

Thought you knew, wasn't trying to be slippery. :beer:

Good luck with your new cards.

All in fun. Really did not know that was you. :) What's up? It looks like you have fallen off just a tad here lately.

be careful when using these in older mobos they use more vvoltage "or less" cant remember but if you use it in a board that isnt the same agp version the mobo or card will fry.

Back in town from Birmingham and much to my dismay are two boxes. One from Newegg (kvm switch?) and one from zipzoomfly ( 2 x x1900 agp 512mg cards?). Should have something posted tommorow regarding performance.

Back