• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Carry Bag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

Ok I'm seriously leaning towards using the Gateway 17" I found at a pretty good price. But I know nothing about bags. I don't want to break a $1500 computer because I saved 10 bucks on the bag. Any suggestions? If I go cheap is this stupid or does it even matter, is a bag a bag?

Thanks for any help, as usual.

I looked for a week, and finally settled on one from Samsonite sold at Sam's Club.
It's a soft-side bag that's got a few features that I like:
*Lappy is stored in the center of the bag, so it's fairly well protected on all sides. Plus those sides are quite well padded.
*A huge number of pockets and dividers...it'll store all the accessories plus homework with room to spare.
*It's a heavy nylon that's held up well for the past year.
*It doesn't open all the way up and lay flat like some briefcase type cases do, making it so the Mrs cannot leave is setting in the soft case for use...no overheating because of that.
*It zips shut, and the handles on it latch together using magnets, so there's no stupid snaps to deal with.
*It only cost around $30 too.

No matter where you shop for yours, bring a piece of cardboard with you that's the same size as the laptop...there's all different sizes, and no guarantees with one that large.
I cut out a piece of 1/4" MDF hardboard for mine, and it doubles to this day as the rigid surface to set it on so the cooling stays working no matter where you gotta use it.

:welcome: to the Forums!

Back