• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X1900 XTX heating issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtx01

Registered
Hey. I had an extremely stable overclock with my gpu processor @ 675mhz and the memory left at 774mhz. temps would never reach over 85celcius. i used that overclock for about 2 months then I picked up a ps3 and have been playing the for a while and my pc has been collecting some dust since.

i sit down today to play some Day Of Defeat: Source and my temps start to reach over 90 Celsius. I try using some dust off to clean the inside but it wasn’t that bad with dust. I run 3dmark 06 and my temps are going crazy high and it fails the test. I even lowered my overclock and I’m still getting high temps... what could be causing this? Do I have a malfunctioning cooler on the card? I know the fan is blowing but i don’t know how well…

RMA…?

If it was cooling alright before, then its something else. Is it on stock cooling? also, try re applying some thermal paste.

Check your case fans, a card cooler working perfectly can't cool very well without adequate airflow in the case.

Back