• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help to recover missing folder form hdd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazyone

at my house we jsut came out of a storm that took are power down for a few days and today i went to watch a few movies off of my computer that i recorded with beyond tv and i can find the folder anymore. i tried showing hidden files showing system fiels and for som reason the folder is gone that the movies were in. i also did a serch for them and manulay serched the hdd they were on and also serched my main hdd to jsut incase they got moved.and when i look at the disk space it still shows the same amount of disk space as before the power went out. they were on a maxtor 200 gb sata hdd and my main hdd is a maxtor 200gb ata hdd. does anyone knwo of a program or a way i can get teh folder and fiels back so i can watch them? thanks in advance if anyoen can help me recover my missing movies.

i have used something called R-studio. Might not be the most easy tool to use but at least it works. It reads your harddrive bit for bit and outputs an image of it which is highly recommended (the caveat to this of course is that you need a drive big enough to hold the other drive...) then you can use this to find all the files you would have lost. Of course you also have to weed through partial files that you have deleted before. It costs a lot though. Just reply to this thread and my cellphone will be notified and I will log on and I might be able to *ahem* help you *ahem* ;)

Last edited:
srry i havent replied been gone for a fewe days. but ill give r-studio a try and see if it can find my folder if not i guess it is jsut gone lsot somewere in my hdd lol.ill post back if i can find it. ill probly also try the other getdataback if it doesnt cost to much.

edit: found the folder. somehow it got moved or made on my ipod dont know how but atleast i found them thnaks for the help though

Last edited:
Back