• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

International Gamecube Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anon1

Hello Everyone! Now that it is Christmas time, that will bring me some extra money to spend - not enough for a Wii though, nor do I really want one at this point in time. Getting to my point, I am a polyglot - I study many languages. In order for one to improve his or her language skills, he or she needs to practice and submerge himself/herself into the language. I listen to radio stations and music, read newspapers and websites, and even use Linux in the languages I study. I think I've gotten to the point in which I want to continue practicing through using video games. Now, I've heard that international games cannot work on an American Gamecube; is this true? If it is true, would I have to buy a new Gamecube or could I get some sort of adjustment? Or are there games that were created for the American Gamecube that are multilingual? Thank you in advance! :)

To run games from other regions, you'll need to mod your GameCube. An old mod took a couple wires and a SPDT switch, it switched the GameCube from USA to JPN regions. AFAIK there's another one floating around that allows USA, EUR and JPN games to be played, not sure on it though.

Back