• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone have this fan controller ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

fp33b_02.jpg

i have 5x120s in my case .. looking for a fan controller that doesnt light up .. and fits in a 3.5 bay .. this fits the bbill .. but i cant seem to find out how many watts per channel it can hold .. cuz i would need to double up on 2 of the 3 channels

See if there are any mosfets on the PWM and google the part number. That should tell you. Have you also tried silverstone's website?

What kind've fans are you running? Despite not knowing how much power it can handle, I bet it can sustain at least 2 Yate Loons on one channel.

im running Scythe Sflex 1600rpm ones .. that is the hi flow scythe fans

Most of your standard fan controllers are capable of dealing with 16-18 watts of power per channel. So unless you are running very high power fans (and your S-Flex fans aren't that), you should be able to run 2 fans on each channel at least.

ok thanks .. yeah im not running any deltas

on the performance-pc site .. it says my fans draw 0.20a

The maximum amperage rating for the FP33's control circuit is .4 amps per channel; I wouldn't hook up a power hungry Delta, Dual Motor, 1.25lb, 220.29cfm GFB type fan to this without a fire extinguisher close by. That amperage rating equates to 4.8 watts per channel which is a fine for most low speed and some medium speed case fans. With a minimum setting of 5 volts, the controller will drop below the stall point on some fans and you should keep that in mind when setting fans at lower speeds.

Copied from this review:
http://reviews.pcapex.com/cooling/silverstone_fm92_fm122_and_fp33.php?page=print

Last edited:
Davevava said:
How about this Vantec

You could always cut or remove the LED?

so i should be able to have 2 of my scythe sflex fans per channel without an issue ?? i think the fans take 0.20a each

madhatR said:
thanks for the link .. just dont like the usb ports on it

yea, i have that. i got it from compusa, it looks exactly the same, so im guessing it is the same..

and the usb ports broke after a few plugs in and out.

but besides that, it works well.

madhatR said:
so i should be able to have 2 of my scythe sflex fans per channel without an issue ?? i think the fans take 0.20a each

Says it has a Max of 1.5a so if your not hooking up 8 of them should be ok

Back