• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Olivia HDTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AOpen

i got a 27" olivia hdtv and the problem is that im using it as a secondary monitor and the resolution on it is just 1366 X 768 but the nvidia control panel will only go to 1360 X 768 and if i custom add it, it will say invalid input? what do i do ??

most likely you have a card with character clocks as opposed to pixel clocks. Cards with character clocks can only display resolutions divisible by 8.

1366 / 8 = 170.75 round down to 170 * 8 = 1380
768 / 8 = 96; 768 is ok

therefore a character clock card will only display up to 1380 x 768

cards that have pixel clocks are ATi x1K, possibly the x series I can't remember, and matrox cards. I also dont know about the g80 (8800gtx and 8800gts) I have not looked for that info or found anyone talk about it yet.

I've had the 27" Olevia for a cpl years now. Always used ATI though. I've heard the HD support on NV side has gotten pretty good though.

At first I always had to use Powerstrip to make a custom display setup, was a pain and took hours to get just right. Then when I'd reformat I'd totally forget the setup and have to figure it all out again. Then I tried some Sony display drivers like 50" LCD's or something in Windows device manager. This worked ok, but not great. Then ATI added better HD LCD support and always just been able to switch it over in the driver to HD Resolutions. Though mine only runs at 1280x720.

May want to try widescreengaming.com for some help.

Back