• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate 7200.9 External drive problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David_N

I got a 160gb Seagate 7200.9 the other day to use as a backup drive, inside a Vantex Nexstar 3. I assembled the unit and hooked it up to my computer as per the instruction manual, and the software is installed, however I can not access the drive...

It shows it as a 160gb drive in the device manager, however nothing comes up on the 'My Computer' screen (which is going to be important, less computer literate than myself will be using the drive).

I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't access the drive... I went into my BIOS and tried to do something with it, but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? This is my first time working with an external drive...

Thanks, and happy holidays.

Have you tried restarting the computer to see if the drive will come up ? I had a USB card reader refuse to come up after I had plugged and unplugged it a few times throughout the day, so i'd unplug it, power off the computer, power back on the computer, then plug in the card reader and it would work again.

Back