• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whalesong

Hello there people,

I have a question about corss fire set up.
I resently bought the Ati Radeon X1800 GTO 256 MB PCIe video card,is it stil possible to run this card in crossdire setup,and if yes what do i need besides the videocard above?

Thanks for the help!:santa:

whalesong said:
if yes what do i need besides the videocard above?

Another one. Since catayst 6.5 and up, if I remember correctly, you can run dongleless crossfire with two x1800gto's. You need a crossfire motherboard though, and I personally dont think that x1800gto crossfire is worth the money.

Their motherboards arent the greatest thing right now anyways.. best bet is just to go sli for the time being considering they've been out longer and crossfire is somewhat "new".

I dont extactly agree with that but yes sli is generally regarded as better then crossfire but that doesnt mean that its a good idea to have either. I personally would return that x1800gto and buy one good card for twice the price rather then get another x1800gto.

BossBorot said:
I dont extactly agree with that but yes sli is generally regarded as better then crossfire but that doesnt mean that its a good idea to have either. I personally would return that x1800gto and buy one good card for twice the price rather then get another x1800gto.

I didnt mean to say they are HORRIBLE mobo's but I've read a bit about them before I made up my mind which one I wanted and decided to stay away from crossfire. It's not a BAD set-up it's just that I liked the idea of sli better cause of how long it's been out, its just too bad I didnt go sli so I payed for nothing :rolleyes: . ATI has good cards just horrible software or maybe my old computer just sucked? :beer:

Just like bossborot said better off buying 1 good card.

Back