• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #57

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 57th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

benbaked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
November 2005

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I had a 500+ game winstreak in NBA Hangtime for the N64, and then a friend and rival in my fantasy football league took it down (he also ended my three game winning streak in fantasy football!). Other then that I haven't done too much that was awesome, oh I saw some good bands play over the summer...and earlier this year I saw the Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Rainbow" lasershow at the Pacific Science Center and that was...incredibly cool!!!!! ;) I dunno if it was just me but I swear I saw a giant clown head made out of lasers scoop up over the ceiling and then devoured the entire crowd! It was a trip.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
My home is near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. The cool temps are nice for overclocking, and the nearby skiing is great. I haven't travelled much but I have to say Washington state is a great place to live, I love it here. The mountains, the ocean, Canada, all about two-to-three hours away. :thup:

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I kept seeing things like "173.4 GHz folding for Team 32" in users' sigs on this forum and it peaked my curiosity.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I think it is great being able to help out in a project that has the potential to help millions of people. Plus, the competition is fun too. :beer: What else are all of these computers I build going to do? ;)

What do you do for a living?
I comprise the entire IT department for a small company near Seattle.

What do you do for fun?
I am a sports fan, primarily baseball and football. I got started into fantasy football this year and that so far has been a blast. I think the trash talking aspect of it is probably the best part. I also like the outdoors, as said above I love to ski. Autocrossing is really fun, but I haven't done it in years...I'd love to get another car to take out on the track, but not my Kia lol.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
I like to listen to music, especially the local Seattle scene. I love going to shows. I love just kicking it with friends, hanging out in the city or kicking it at someone's home. I like to play bass guitar, hackysack is alot of fun, I love battling it out with friends over games of drunken Mario Kart: Double Dash or pretty much any sports video game. I like to exercise, in particular jogging is one of my favorite activities. There's more but it escapes me at the moment.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?

The main one currently has an X2-4400 overclocked to 2.8 ghz, on a DFI Ultra-D motherboard. It also has an x800GTO2, overclocked a little bit but enough for the little bit of gaming that I do.
Some other noteworthy specs are the OCZ ram and the Bluestorm power supply, other then that it's pretty much vanilla. It's my favorite simply because it is the fastest and it's usually a really stable machine, unless I do something to screw it up. Ironically I don't use this system that much, most of the time all that it does is fold. Occasionally I'll play a game or two, maybe an old skool game like Starcraft. I use my iBook mostly because of the mobility, it is not my favorite though.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I have a Pentium D 930 modestly overclocked on a free motherboard, and two Dell Optiplexes with Tualatin 512k processors. My old Sony PIII was only making 23 ppd so I retired it from the farm yesterday as it completed the WU it was working on.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
Honestly my ambition when I was younger was to work for Microsoft. I've done that sort-of and I am striving to get back there, that is still one of my top goals. Other then that I'd like to someday settle down, start a family, and do my part to contribute to society in a positive way.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I want to thank the folding santa for the extra points a year ago! :santa: Other then that, I can't think of much else. Team32 is great and I enjoy the competition...I'm on my way to page 2...and someday page 1. Fold on all!

This is my main folding computer:

lanparty21vx2.jpg

p1010027ay8.jpg

These are my guitars and amp:

guitarsnf2.jpg

Finally, me:

668743454_l.jpg

Glad to meet you some more BenB :)

I envy your great environment/scenery :drool:

And of course it is great folding with you on T32.

I hope santa was good to you again this year :santa2:

Fold on!

Nice to meet you benbaked and I agree with you exactly about the Nortwest being beautiful. Nice looking machine you have there, nice looking guitars too ( I think). I don't know jack about guiters. :confused:
Keep on keepin' on in the folding department and you're a credit to a great team (Team 32) :clap:

Thanks everyone, it's great folding with all of you as well. Team32 rocks! :beer:

Special thanks to the FoldingSanta and his elves for the PPD boost while my main rig was down for a few days...those WUs were terrific gifts!

Back