• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmm, darn thing won't stay on!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

Sudden restarts.

My old system is in my rig - it was getting pretty bogged down, running slower and slower day by day - but even though it was getting hung up it never restarted unexpected.

So I decided to reformat.

After the reformat, the computer just starts to restart itself for no reason at times. It usually happens shortly after I log onto windows. It ALWAYS restarts when I try to install WMplayer 11 at about 12% - and it ALWAYS restarts when I run the updates that have been downloaded by windows update..

Did I have a bad reformat?

I did start thinking it was my hardware - but I got a C2D E6600, and an ASrock mobo so that rules out at least my PC and mobo, I have an Antec SL400 but its been running well since I had it so?

Even after installing my C2D and mobo it still restarts so.. bad install?

Usually random restarts can be attributed to power problems, whats the PSU you're using?

Possibly run a RAM test program as sometimes that likes to have fun with PC's too ;D

It's an Antec solution series 400 watt.. got it about 3 year ago - I did worry that the C2D would kinda wire it out in terms of power but I hoped differently.

I did a reformat again and things are smooth so far, if I begins again I'll replace my SL400 PSU.

Back