• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V Deluxe After Post Message "Overclocking Failed". Is It The Mainboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exahertz

Registered
A8V Deluxe After Post Message "Overclocking Failed". Is It The Mainboard?

when im in my bios and i change any of the FSB to > 200Mhz, Vcore to > 1.025v, Multiplier to > 12.5 or almost any other setting in that category i get a message after the POST sequence saying:

"Overclocking failed
press F1 to enter setup"

is this a safety feature in the bios or is it due to lack of cooling or what? Why isnt the motherboard letting me achieve higher settings?

system:
ASUS A8V Deluxe
AMD 64 FX-53 @ 2400Mhz
4-512mb ddr ram (not sure of the speed yet..)
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS OC
570 watt P.S.

Thanks.

The "Overclocking failed" message is a feature of ASUS boards:

C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
When the system hangs due to overclocking failure, there is no need to open the case to clear CMOS data. Just simply restart the system, the BIOS would show the previous setting and then users can amend the CPU setting again.
Try reading through and following this thread for overclocking:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

It's a little old but most things still apply and the ones that aren't so important any more won't hurt you to try. :) It does help you learn your board and how the settings interact ...

exahertz said:
when im in my bios and i change any of the FSB to > 200Mhz, Vcore to > 1.025v, Multiplier to > 12.5 or almost any other setting in that category i get a message after the POST sequence saying:

"Overclocking failed
press F1 to enter setup"

is this a safety feature in the bios or is it due to lack of cooling or what? Why isnt the motherboard letting me achieve higher settings?

system:
ASUS A8V Deluxe
AMD 64 FX-53 @ 2400Mhz
4-512mb ddr ram (not sure of the speed yet..)
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS OC
570 watt P.S.

Thanks.

I'm guessing the failure lies here.

Back