• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950gt sli problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaolin2007

Registered
i posted this on tomshardware forum but no one was able to help me with it, i almost gave up but then i thought i'd ask u guys. here's the original thread

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/7950gt-sli-problem-ftopict214831.html#1416311

my computer:

dfi nf590
amd x2 4200+
2gb corsai dd2 @ 533
2 bfg 7950gt oc with 512mb
ocz gamextrem 850w psu
200gb and 250gb sata hd

running windows professional x64 sp2 (on the 200gb) with driver nvidia driver 93.71, i reinstalled the whole system about 5 hours ago, both harddrives were formated.

everything is stock and never messed w/ bios on mobo or oc anything by myself.

my problem is that i'm getting about 50-60 fps in counter strike 1.6 no matter what setup i have (1 7950gt, 2 7950gt, 2 7950gt with sli enabled) and my fps in cs: source fluctuates wildly, range of that is probably 50-140. i've set all the max_fps to 300, the settings were with vsync off, aa at x2 and the antiotropic at x4 with a resolution of 1280x1024.

when i had the sli on, i also turned on the option that showed u the load for each of the gpu, i saw that they were probably usually 1/5 the way to the bottom and the top of the screen.

is my fps normal, if not, what should i be expecting and how should i fix the problem.

thanks in advance

Ok we need to know the temps of the cards, also the new nvidia drivers have a bad glitch as to where they are reading memory clocks wrong. i would go back to a older driver and see if that sorts it out!

i just started my pc and i used the nvidia classic control panel to see the temps. gpu1 is 48 and gpu2 is 43, using smarguadian(the program that came with the mobo) cpu is 36, system is 34, chipset is 36 . right after i play games, it goes up a little but it only went past 52 once. also, where can i find older nvidia drivers

bump, and also i just ran 3dmark 2006 and got 6219. that was with sli enabled under nvidia control panel, but i noticed that 3dmark recogized that i only had 1 display device. also when it was the cpu test, i got about 1fps (if that), should i be concerned?

Back