• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86+ Locks Up, But No Errors...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DustinE

Registered
I was running Memtest86+ on a server I've just got done building and i noticed that when running Memtest86+ it looks up after about 18minutes with no errors...

I was doing some reading and i found that on some boards memtest86+ would lockup with no errors if USB Legacy Support was enabled. I disabled it and it does the same thing...

I haven't had any trouble in windows yet, other than the fact i can only see 3.25GB of memory but i think i should be able to enable a Hardware Memory Hole setting to fix that...

Basic System Spec's
Tyan 5370
Intel 5160
4GB Memory

Update1:
Im Going to try just 1 DIMM... Ill Update this thread with the results are...

Update2:
Well I tried just the first DIMM... It still locks up on the Random number Sequence (5d9a491b)... The red "+" is still blinking but its stopped doing stuff...

Last edited:
Have you checked how hot the processor is getting? The dozen or so times that I have experienced random lockups, it has always been an overheated proc.

redwraith94 said:
Have you checked how hot the processor is getting? The dozen or so times that I have experienced random lockups, it has always been an overheated proc.
Yes... Temps are good... I think I've Isolated it down to one DIMM...

I've never had one DIMM that would cause the memtest to lockup with out errors but... When i try this DIMM by itself it locks up... When i try it with others it locks... when i dont put it in the system it doesnt lock up in the test...

Like i said, Never had any problems in Windows but i am going to have this module replaced...

Dont know... First time I've ever seen something like this...

you probably did this, but just to make sure, be sure to test it in other slots, too to make sure that it isn't the ram slot and not the dimm.

aeiou said:
you probably did this, but just to make sure, be sure to test it in other slots, too to make sure that it isn't the ram slot and not the dimm.

Yeah, I did that... Its a good tip though for anyone who comes along later with this same problem...

Back