• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antivirus Nod or Kapersky?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I am thinking of ditching my NAV2003 Pro and going for Kapersky or NOD32...which one do you think is better. and WHY???

Unless people have some other choices?

Heard Nod has small "footprint"

I've used both Kaspersky and NOD32 AV products, including a number of others... and have since moved to Avast AV. IMO Avast does just as good a job as both KAV and NOD, if not better in certain aspects, like a smaller footprint and lack of incompatibility issues as compared to KAV for instance. And of course the best part is it's FREE...

Avast! Home Edition 4.7.892
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Avast_Home_Edition_d1968.html

I second the recommendation of Avast. I haven't tried Nod, or Kaspersky, but it definitely beats Nav, and Grisoft's AVG, by catching more trojans.

Kaspersky Personal 6.0 is a good deal better than 5.0 was IMO. I run it, and I love it... Its advanced detection techniques can detect un-known virii, too.

I can't say I have used NOD, but I have heard fantastic things about it as well...

:cool:

Why not go without AV entirely?

I haven't run AV software for about 4 years and I can remember ONE occasion where I got a virus, and that was due entirely to my own stupidity. Then again, I'm the only person that uses this system.

Don't know about you, but I download "stuff" off the Internet. I guess if you don't DL "Stuff" (even Shareware/Freeware), and have CAREFUL surfing habits (no Pron ;) ), then running w/o a A/V is fine. I believe most of us DL "Stuff" that needs to be scanned from time to time ;) .. I for one am Glad I run Kaspersky...

:cool:

I just got Kaspersky...I'm impressed that they give a manual, that at first seems a bit better than NAV. Over the many years I have become unimpressed w/NAV manuals..or Symantec's manuals actually in some regards...

Back