• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first time buying from Xoxide.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkVirusVx

I was shopping around for some 120mm fans grills. With shipping newegg was kind of price. I checked the "US & UK Online Retailers/Vendors" thread and saw Xoxide.com.

I ended up buying 2 120mm fans grills, a fan control and a light kit. Only $4.20for standerd shipping. I was going to pay for faster shipping but I didn't need it.

My order was placed in the afternoon on the 28th. It arrived today on the 30th.

I am very pleased and will shop at Xoxide.com a lot more.

I have bought several computer cases from them and a few other items and have always been very satisfied with them. Another good vendor on my list! :thup:

I was also surprised at how quick I received a recent order.

A few weeks ago I ordered a couple 4" UV cold cathodes to retrofit my cordless Bug Zapper which had a pathetic 6" fluorescent bulb that kept on burning out.

Ordered it on the 10th and received it on the 12th. Now my bug zapper is brighter and I get more bug kills. (Why do I have a bug zapper? Well I need to catch bugs to feed to my Venus flytrap collection, I just put the zapper outside for 10 minutes and I have plenty of stunned bugs, the ones that get deep fried zapped I throw away as the flytraps don't like bugs with no moisture )
PS, The Cold cathode bulbs last 200x longer than a fluorescent bulb, plus it was a cool mod. :santa:

(The second pic is just one of the bulbs on at 8volts. With both bulbs on at 12volts it's to bright)

Attachments

• PICS 010.jpg
    PICS 010.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 154
  • PICS 023.jpg
    PICS 023.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 138
Silversinksam said:
I was also surprised at how quick I received a recent order.

A few weeks ago I ordered a couple 4" UV cold cathodes to retrofit my cordless Bug Zapper which had a pathetic 6" fluorescent bulb that kept on burning out.

Ordered it on the 10th and received it on the 12th. Now my bug zapper is brighter and I get more bug kills. (Why do I have a bug zapper? Well I need to catch bugs to feed to my Venus flytrap collection, I just put the zapper outside for 10 minutes and I have plenty of stunned bugs, the ones that get deep fried zapped I throw away as the flytraps don't like bugs with no moisture )
PS, The Cold cathode bulbs last 200x longer than a fluorescent bulb, plus it was a cool mod. :santa:

(The second pic is just one of the bulbs on at 8volts. With both bulbs on at 12volts it's to bright)

When will you let us see the Troll Zapper you are building in the basement :eek:

Bender said:
When will you let us see the Troll Zapper you are building in the basement :eek:

torture1.jpg

SSS, How Do you keep the venus fly traps alive? I had a few and everytime they seem to die on me. Any particular climates they enjoy? Feed them bugs constantly?

ive used them a couple of times, and they used to be the site that seperated wannabe gamers from their money ...the stereotype to the max... they still "look" like that, but really i think they are pretty good.

but if you look past the hype, (which is sometimes pretty funny, and theres nearly a pagefull of it for EVERY product) there are some good deals here and there -if you look and look very hard-

and they are way fast, package well, and have good purchace communication from what i remember, and i would reccomend them (and have), even though some might laugh because of it.

not stupidly expensive, but prices are up there. some things worth it and some things not.
but good to deal with, and nubs love it when you tell them to pick out a case and hit "show all cases" ...so i dont mind steering them their and feeling kinda safe about it.

i just bought a case from them and have been tracking it..... its not addressed right. its goin in the wrong direction and the "shipped to" city is Bend Or, not Beaverton oregon as it should be........ its supposed to be delivered tomorrow but uhh i doubt it will. What do i do?

all of my shipping emails state the right address.....

Bend might be a local hub for that carrier. It will probably ship from there to Beaverton.
I sometimes see packages going all over the state before coming to me, but the tracking is usually right on since they scan it at each location when it changes hands.

fabulouscoops said:
Bend might be a local hub for that carrier. It will probably ship from there to Beaverton.
I sometimes see packages going all over the state before coming to me, but the tracking is usually right on since they scan it at each location when it changes hands.

uhh nope, i called Xoxide and they have the right address in there records. I called UPS and the address on the package was botched. the postal code was 97708..... but Xoxide says that it was shipped to 97008. So i had UPS reroute the package.

Back