• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Just a quick question guys- will Catalysts 6.11 work with GPU folding? I'm pretty sure because the FAQ on Stanfords site says they will support 6.5, 6.10, and 6.11... Thanks guys!

Yes ...i use 6.11 on many of mine now ... you need 6.11 if you run a 1950 pro. Also running it on several 1900 AIW's.
I think my xtx is still running on 6.5 ... just haven't touched it in a while.

6.11 works for sure with my X1950 Pro. The 6.10 cats wouldn't install for me and the 6.12 cats do not work with the GPU client, just like is posted at the folding community.

muddocktor said:
6.11 works for sure with my X1950 Pro. The 6.10 cats wouldn't install for me and the 6.12 cats do not work with the GPU client, just like is posted at the folding community.

Ditto. Hey muddocktor, strangely enough both of my x1950 pros peak at 621 core folding. Really need a vcore mod, a small one but one none the less. Temps are well in line and the vregs are under the cooler unlike some.

Silver said:
Ditto. Hey muddocktor, strangely enough both of my x1950 pros peak at 621 core folding. Really need a vcore mod, a small one but one none the less. Temps are well in line and the vregs are under the cooler unlike some.

Silver, strangely enough, it seems that 621 (which mine is actually clocked at in the vid card bios) looks to be about the max I can get too, with the little bit of playing I did with it before letting it just fold some wu's. I installed the latest ATI Tray Tools and if I even tried clocking it up to just 625 I got a black screen as soon as I applied it. I wonder if ATI played some kind of games with these Pro cards to prevent overclocking the gpu or something? I did see that ATI Tray Tools does have something come up that supposedly lets you adjust voltage to the gpu though, but haven't tried it out yet.

Muddocktor, if you want to change the gpu try winclk. It works well for me and atitool works well for the fan if using ver 25 beta 16. Others don't work well. Adjusting the ram speed with anything but winclk has resulted in the dreaded black screen. Winclk will do the trick for you but I have yet to see any voltage adjustments anywhere. Seems the vregs were overheating. If they are exposed then some heat sinks on them would be a good idea. On my new saphires from zipzoom they are covered and contacted by the very large cooling solution.

It not much different from the 626/750 i get on my asus pci-e ... still using atitool beta 14 ... will have to get 16 and give it a go.

My asus has a heatpipe coming out the top ... makes a nice little handle except when its running :eek:

Hey Silver, winclk did the trick for me. I now have it clocked successfully at 634.5/749.25 and running fine. No temp increase either with folding. I'm now getting 7:19 per frame for 649 ppd with it, and increase of around 50 ppd. And I haven't found the endpoint on overclocking either. :D

And after I find it's max speed with the default voltage, I will try to adjust that upwards with ATI Tray Tools also and see if I gain any more headroom.

Back