• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using a Radeon 9600 Mobile 32mb VRAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sulretal

Well, what can I handle when it comes to maximum resolution. Not running games, just keeping it on my desk for when I put my laptop on my desk and want to run at a higher screen resolution/view.

sulretal said:
Well, what can I handle when it comes to maximum resolution. Not running games, just keeping it on my desk for when I put my laptop on my desk and want to run at a higher screen resolution/view.

I'd assume it'd be fine at any resolution your monitor could handle for just 2D stuff. :)

What monitor(s) do you have? :)

Spoudazo said:
I'd assume it'd be fine at any resolution your monitor could handle for just 2D stuff. :)

What monitor(s) do you have? :)

Wow thanks, no one ever replies to my help posts. Though I can understand why due to the over numbering amount of noob questions that others and I alike ask.

I was in the market for an LCD to hook up to my laptop surfing the internet, writing essays and possibly viewing dvds. My native and highest resolution supported on my nc 6000's monitor is 1024x768; a bit too small for multi tasking papers. Specifically, being in college, I often have many academic source windows up, so I like higher resolutions so I can see all the pages at once(on the super mac's at my college with the 24" cinema display I usually have 4 pages up at once and it's so useful).

I was looking for something along the lines of 17" to 20" with a native resolution that can have at least 3 web pages open; not at full size but at least at a legible size that will allow me to scroll up and down without scrolling extreme lengths. Under $200 dollars(maybe under $150 dollars because the timing won't matter as I'm using it for non-gaming purposes) would be very soothing.

Back