• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N sli deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sephiroth_749

Top ranking SOLDIER officer
would i need a north bridge cooler for this if i plan on overclocking a 3800 and the ram with it and possibly run sli in the future.

If i do need nb cooling should i just go with a nb-1 or nb-1c?

i posted this in the wrong spot its suppose to be in the amd asus forums but it hasnt been moved yet.

and is intel the dark side or is amd the dark side

I used a zalman passive chipset cooler on my asus an-sli vanilla and deluxe boards, overclocked with no problem.

If your case has no airflow it might become an issue, but then so will overclocking.

sephiroth_749 said:
my case has plenty of airflow so will the stock fan on it be fine or should i upgrade to the nb-1 or nb-1c

You should be fine with the stock fan. I only replaced mine because of hte noise. (I hate noise)

EDIT: A small caveat I did clean mine up and slapped some AS5 on there. Not really necessary though I didnt notice a big differnce for hte amount of work involved. (That bubble gum is hard to remove)

Back