• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingmax Vs Geil

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tarky

Registered
Hey guys im looking to buy one of the following but im not too sure both are going for the same prices ....

ive read some interesting stuff and apprently geil is better so far.. What do you think i should get ?

GeiL DDR 400 High Performance 1Gb CAS 2.5 8-4-4

or

Kingmax 1GB DDR400 SuperRAM Desktop Memory TSOP (MPXD42D-D8HT4)

Cheers

I have a GEIL 1GB 3200 DDR kit I used when I had my Socket A set-up a few weeks back it ran fantastic never had any problems with mine. I'm using it again when my 939 motherboard & AMD 64 3700+ arrives in the next few days I'm practically using all my hardware from my Socket A set-up.

My new system

ECS Nforce3 Sk939 Board
AMD 64 3700+
GEIL 1GB DDR RAM (Will be getting the 2GB kit a few months after)
Hitachi 80gb SATA150 HDD (For op system but soon a 74gb Raptor)
WD Caviar 250GB SATA HDD (slave)
ATi X800 XL 256mb AGP
Benq DVD-RW
Lite On DVD-ROM

Sorry to out useless info but again GEIL memory is totally good for your money if I am not mistaken there DDR2 is the best for INTEL's Core2Duo CPU's.

I have 2 512 sticks of geil ultra-X. They use the windbond bh-5 die and are quite fun.

As far as value ram goes though, they are all pretty much the same using cheap chips. If you can find out if one uses good chips you should go for that one, but nobody really does this anymore these days. I would go with the geil because it makes not only value ram but performance ram too. The brands that do sometimes put very nice chips on their value stuff. Some kingston value ram has made me very happy back in the day.

Back