• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my new Wiimote Straps today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Once I opened the envelope, the straps dropped out onto my desk, and I noticed a piece of paper inside. It's a small sheet with safety instructions for proper use. In three languages. English, French and Spanish.

warning1.jpg

warning2.jpg

straps.jpg

The tether part of the strap, that holds the strap on the Wiimote is much thicker than the old one. I've taken a comparison shot.

comparison.jpg

It's good of Nintendo to do this, I think. At least they are taking initiative.

As a little test, I tried breaking the old Wiimote strap. I managed to do it, but I had to really, really haul on it.

sulretal said:
Or you could instead of just using the new version of the strap hook both of them up to the WiiMote and have double the protection! :shrug:
I think it would be awkward having two straps around your wrist.

Oni said:
As a little test, I tried breaking the old Wiimote strap. I managed to do it, but I had to really, really haul on it.

How on earth did people's straps break when they let go of the controller then? Perhaps one of them was some manner of West Indian fast bowler.

Anjow said:
How on earth did people's straps break when they let go of the controller then? Perhaps one of them was some manner of West Indian fast bowler.

my roommate broke his while playing tennis. i dont know about them but i do all the wii sports while sitting down and flick my wrist, managed to bowl a perfect game and complete all the challenges so i must be doing something right. it was pretty good when the wiimote hit the ceiling though. the replacement straps should be here soon.

sulretal said:
Or you could instead of just using the new version of the strap hook both of them up to the WiiMote and have double the protection! :shrug:

Your not supposed to put two on, it can cause friction and.. oh wait thats for a different type of double protection. :beer:

ShadowPho said:
ow wow, THAT was completely off topic. But funny ^^

To OP: How is wii? Is it worth the money? Are the graphics good? How is the gameplay ?

I like the Wii, I play the one at the local gamestop on a daily basis since I can't seem to ever find one in stock anywhere in PA.... The guys that work there I think buy the Wii's and sell them on ebay, I can't imagine them not having any in stock since Christmas... Then again I am on the waiting list...

yah, i got my straps a couple days ago. they are really nice. now i have my old ones to put on my cell phone, or psp, or... i dunno whatever

Back