• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water block suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducatti

I have been searching all over the forums and the web for a water block for my x850xt pe that cools the memory as well... I see plenty of blocks that would handle the gpu just fine, but haven't found one that gets the memory as well...
Any ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

there is a reason most ppl dont use full blocks , they hurt the flow in your loop , they are expensive and they are only good for that once card . Or you can get a maze4 ( my x800 load temp was 25-30with one ) and some ram sinks that will work on manny cards and not kill your flow .

||Console|| said:
there is a reason most ppl dont use full blocks , they hurt the flow in your loop , they are expensive and they are only good for that once card . Or you can get a maze4 ( my x800 load temp was 25-30with one ) and some ram sinks that will work on manny cards and not kill your flow .
Ahh... That makes sense. I'm just looking for a quiet and efficient way to cool the card (that stock cooler is now the loudest thing in my setup and the temps soar under load), adding a water block to the corsair nautilus loop my wife bought me for Christmas seemed like a no brainer...

Thanks for the info, I'll start shopping for a standard compatible block and some ram sinks...

A Maze4 GPU block would be your best bet block-wise, I've never used RAM sinks (even on my old X850XT OC'd PE), but the Swiftech ramsinks are quite popular and considered a good performer, though they are rather expensive.

Thanks for the responses guys...
I'll be looking for a maze 4 block, some ram sinks (might volt mod the card), a black ice pro (to mod the corsair) and a nice quiet 120mm fan to replace the one that corsair installed.

for ram heatsinks you can cut up an old Pentium heat sink or something of the like. thats what i'm going to do. it might not be the best performer ever, but its free. :beer:

i just bought a new jig saw for a 100 odd dollars, might as well put it to good use.

darkcow said:
for ram heatsinks you can cut up an old Pentium heat sink or something of the like. thats what i'm going to do. it might not be the best performer ever, but its free. :beer:

i just bought a new jig saw for a 100 odd dollars, might as well put it to good use.

I thought about cutting up an old heatsink, but think I will just buy some factory sinks... I'm feeling lazy, plus the wife is back to work so we're dual income again...

Ducatti said:
I thought about cutting up an old heatsink, but think I will just buy some factory sinks... I'm feeling lazy, plus the wife is back to work so we're dual income again...
Must be nice my gf is in school for a few more onths yet , I cant waite till we have to incomes again , can any one say phase changer =)

||Console|| said:
Must be nice my gf is in school for a few more onths yet , I cant waite till we have to incomes again , can any one say phase changer =)
I probably won't go phase change as I have really gotten lethargic when it comes to overclocking and just don't need that much coolness... A year ago and I would have been game...

Yea Phase isnt for every one ( heck I know Im gonna kill @ least a few parts till I get good @ it ) but I still want to try it =) .

I broke my gfx card this weekend so I need that before I do nay more cooling upgrades .

Back