• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! The Egg is out of stock....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marl65

Well I went to order my Sapphire X1950XT from the Egg tonight and they are out of stock now and they don't have a eta in their system. :cry: The Egg was wanting about $250 for it. I've tried price watch, price grabber and price scan along with ebay to try and find one. If anyone knows of a decient (sp?) spot/price that is close to that please let me know.

Thanks

Marl

dicecca112 said:

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think to look at zip, I've already ordered my case and my cpu from them. Although, this should most likely go in the vid. card section. Is HIS any good? I was just leaning toward the Sapphire cause I've had very good luck out of my 8500LE.

HIS seems to be decent. They also sell versions with better coolers, and with the x1900 series that may be worth it just for the noise factor. Sheer bang-for-the-buck though this is hard to beat:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814142085 It's got slower Ram than the x1950 but it's still a sweet deal.
Get an Accelero x2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186002 for $20 and as long as you don't mind voiding the warranty, for $245/$230 shipped after MIR you get a cool and quiet x1900 256. I would have done this but I'm positive they didn't have this listing a week ago :(

I'm not sure the x1950xt uses the R580+ GPU but the main difference is the memory speed anyway. One review of the Powercolor version said it had an R580 GPU. The x1950xt does actually perform on par with the x1900xtx 512MB for the most part, stock vs stock. Perhaps I'll have to pull the heatsink off my HIS before I install it and find out. Either way you go you really can't go wrong ;) but it is a tough decision right now on buying a video card.

I ordered the rest of my stuff about 3 hrs ago. Sapphire 1950XT, DFI Infinity and my G.Skill ram all from the egg.

Ok... bad news hahah. Now Newegg has a $30 MIR on the X1950XT. I just refused shipment of the one I had coming and re-ordered, after speaking with a wonderful Newegg CS lady.. saving something like 12% of the total price by getting the rebate.

That sucks!! It's looking like I'm going to be recieving mine tomarrow......

dicecca112 said:
the x1950xt uses the 580+ core and GDDR3 not GDDR4 like its older brother the x1950xtx, essentially its a downlocked x1950xtx.

Good comparision site Video Card Comparison - GPUReview.com

My mistake. I'd thought the R580+ was an actual different GPU and was marked as such. All x1950xt 256MB reviews that show the core do show 'R580' but so do some x1950xtx reviews. Is it really the same core? :shrug: dunno. But :bang head I'm an MIR junkie I would have gotten the Sapphire for sure with that MIR price :p

I'm just gonna accept it when it arrives. The one time I had a mir with best buy I never saw my money......

Back