• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Broaband for lowest price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

My sister & I are geting ready to move to the Carbondale, IL area. Money is a little tight, but I want broadband. Is there an site where I can check for broadband service by just adress.

I'm not sure if AT&T/SBC is in that area, but I have their DSL and it's quite good. I spend less than $30 a month for 6mb/604

But I'd say try to find out what companies are in that area. Like what Cable company is around there, what phone company, etc.

There are normally 2 choices: Cable or DSL. You need to check what provider is available in that area. I know DSL in my area has been on sale for $15/month w/1-year contract. But it's only 384kb down IIRC.

jivetrky said:
I'm not sure if AT&T/SBC is in that area, but I have their DSL and it's quite good. I spend less than $30 a month for 6mb/604

But I'd say try to find out what companies are in that area. Like what Cable company is around there, what phone company, etc.

It is Verizon, we checked it will be $35 a month.

Back