• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem Since i Installed My 7900GS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EdwardTobia

I sold my X1600XT and bought an Inno3d 7900GS.

Since installing this card i have been having random computer restarts coming out of nowhere and with no error at all....

I have an FSP Group 400W PSU (PSU has a PCI-E Connector so i dont use the 4pin to PCI-E adapter)
I wouldve thought this was enough to power this card, it must be because the card is not underperforming at all when playing games, i get great FPS ingame, its i just get random system reboots out of nowhere every once in a while, whether im doing something such as 3d rendering (games) or on msn messenger....

What are your views on my problem? do you have any ideas what could be causing this?

My system spec is in my sig.

does it pass prime95 (core stability)?
will it complete a video stress test of 3dmark?
what are the Rail amperages on that specific power supply?
how much is the card overclocked?
what are the core temperatures of the cpu and the gpu?

we usually need some specifics to offer advice, so let us know and we all will see what we can do.

autolex84 said:
does it pass prime95 (core stability)?
will it complete a video stress test of 3dmark?
what are the Rail amperages on that specific power supply?
how much is the card overclocked?
what are the core temperatures of the cpu and the gpu?

we usually need some specifics to offer advice, so let us know and we all will see what we can do.

yes passes prime
yes completes 3dmark
If card was not getting enough power wouldnt it say at bootup?
Problem happens at stock and overclocked
CPU temps around 37c idle and 48c load
GPU around 40c idle and 55c load

My PSU has dual +12v rails and im guessing thats the problem, but how would that cause a reboot? i thought the system would have powered down and not rebooted?

+12V1 18.0A
+12V2 18.0A

But i actually checked the voltage of the +12v Rails and they seem fine, around 12.2v so enough power is being fed right because its not undervolting, which shows that my components are not requiring more than my PSU can give?

EDIT: Also it reboots even if im not playing games or doing anything that requires 3d rendering, i can even play games with good fps but after a while the system restarts itself, i say around every 20-60mins....

Last edited:
bump...

still have not fixed the problem...could it be due to drivers or OS problems? i might reformat but if thats not the problem then i dont want to waste alot of time installing everything again....

i have also been reading sites about the PSU requirements for this card....
Some sites say 400w 18.0A on 12v Rail...some say 20.0A..

Back