• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Monitor Profiles Installation Disk"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I just installed my 8800GTS and installed the 97.44 drivers. My two displays worked just fine with my 6800GT SLI set up, but now the Found New Hardware wizard is asking me for the file "IBM_9494.ICM" which is located on the "Monitor Profiles Installation Disk". I've never even heard of such a thing, and I've never needed drivers for either of these two monitors. Whats going on? Where can I find this file?

Lemme guess, IBM monitors? Try going to IBM and searching for monitor drivers. Not sure why it's asking again after a video card change.

You don't really have to bother with it unless it is constantly nagging you. The ICM profile is used to describe the color reproduction properties of the monitor for accurate printing calibration of the colors you see on the monitor and vice versa. For the (print) graphics designers, photographers etc it is important, but otherwise, don't fret.

Back