• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

purple screen!?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodyvs

Registered
once my computer gets into windows everything looks purpleish, certain graphicks look bad like images on websites, my games look purple and bad also, if i play something in windows media player it looks fine

specs:
DFI lanparty ultra d
opteron 165
2 gb ocz platinum
x1900xt
ocz powerstream 520
250g WD sata

ive hooked up a different moniter and bought a new adapter for the moniter/CPU and that did not do anyhing, any ideas? thanks

That or there is something seriously wrong with the graphics card. If everything else is checking out ok then call up the card manufacturer and get an RMA.

I've seen this happen many times with different computers. The advice you've already been given is possibly correct, but check to make sure the monitor cable is not loose. I've found that when this happens, many times it's just the monitor not getting all of the color signals due to a loose cable.

I once had a monitor with a faulty VGA plug, so that the cable wouldn't stay plugged in all the way. I had to use tape to keep the cable in all the way, and it fixed the problem of graphics looking purple. If you don't feel like ghettoing up your monitor with tape, then your best bet would be to buy a new one, or maybe it's not a problem with the monitor and you just didn't push the cable in all the way :p

Back