• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to expect of 8800's DX10 Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tek Jansen

Registered
I'm not even sure if this can be answered yet, but what kind of performance can we expect from the 8800 in DX10 games? When is the first DX10 game coming out that will inform us? I was personally planning on getting the GTS, but I don't have enough money for the rest of the computer, so I'm going to take advantage of price drops and alternative DX10 cards coming out.

yeah, i'm wondering if a 8800gts will be able to run crysis at high resolution with max settings, and lots of AA and AF.

Gabkicks said:
yeah, i'm wondering if a 8800gts will be able to run crysis at high resolution with max settings, and lots of AA and AF.

Yep thats the chief reason I asked, and I guess to see if it can run new DX10 games as they come out.

They say its optimized and will run dx10 games better but i dont think its gonna run them super great. I mean Oblivion fully cranked up with everything maxed still puts a hurting on a 8800gtx. So i really dont see where its gonna play dx10 games esp alan wake at killer FPS.

Don't forget before buying dx10 card buy Vista, that's puts a dent in video card budget

I'm also extremely curious about this as well. I am planning on getting a GTS in about a month and was hoping this could play crysis really well.....

They released the nvidia vista drivers now, but we won't actually know about dx10 performance until the first dx10 games are released huh? :confused: :bang head

Back