• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD fx 7 series...biggest flop ever??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

So I was reading somewhere that the fx 7 series was coming out soon and though to myself, "hey I'll wait for this to come out, then get conroe." Now, about a month after they are released, of all the 7 series prcessors on newegg there's like 1 review, and I can't find anything anywhere reviewing them. Could these processors be the biggest flop in AMD history?? I mean it's supposed to be AMD's newest cutting edge processors right?

ond btw what were they thinking making a processor that is dual socket??

Bageland2000 said:
So I was reading somewhere that the fx 7 series was coming out soon and though to myself, "hey I'll wait for this to come out, then get conroe." Now, about a month after they are released, of all the 7 series prcessors on newegg there's like 1 review, and I can't find anything anywhere reviewing them. Could these processors be the biggest flop in AMD history?? I mean it's supposed to be AMD's newest cutting edge processors right?

ond btw what were they thinking making a processor that is dual socket??

New Amd arch will come out in q2/q3 2007. The Fx 7x series are nothing new, so dont expect much performance, and they run very hot.

If your waiting for competiton before swaping up rigs.. definatley wait for dearhound from AMD.

By then, there will be more CPU selection comming out for the Core line as well that will have better options as far as cache and multipliers to pick from for your money :)

Not to mention AMD might have some dual core dearhounds (soon after) that may be competitive with Core :D

More options is ALWAYS better :thup:

makes sense....when is dearhound supposed to come out anyway??q2/q3 means quarters of the year right?? as in q1=jan/feb/march??

the quad cores from amd actually perform worse then the ones from conroe, and i've heard the mobo's where hard to get and cost 500 bux.

i hate to say it but it looks like im switching back to intel next year

If you are referring to the two processor SMP-like layout, it is not a quad core despite what people say. That is a disaster from an energy standpoint. AMD do not have a native quad-core out as of now.

It is really being marketed towards servers and only server boards have the socket so you won't be seeing too much for the enthusist yet.

Immortal_Hero said:
It is really being marketed towards servers and only server boards have the socket so you won't be seeing too much for the enthusist yet.
actually, its a FX...its marketed to enthusiasts. servers have had dual socket setups forever.

Back