• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

logitech support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just RMAed a 3 month old G5 because the left mouse button stopped working everytime and the laser tracking was off by a lot. After I gave the serial numbers, the rep said that they were having a lot of problems with that lot, and they wanted me to return it for "dissection" They will mail me a new mouse within 7 days.
I think this was a less satisfactory result than my last RMA with them where they just sent me a new desktop without me sending back the year old broken one.
Overall, I have been pleased with customer service but a little disappointed in quality control with logitech. I have Microsoft mechanical ball mice that are older than most of the members here and they still work.

My G5 Left click was going out also. It was sporadic. I called them up and told them everything that I did to troubleshoot the issue, and they sent me a new one with no questions asked. It kinda made me wonder if a lot of people where having this issue. The only problem I had is for what ever reason, it never shipped. I had to call them up again and they found the order sitting in the shipping queue. They sent it 2nd day and apologized.

well i got the new one installed, and i dropped the old one from the highest spot in our house a few times, just for fun sakes...its nice to see what goes in a mouse, now im actually thinking it was a bit dumb to destroy they old one :p

Nice to read this.

Was losing all hope for them.

Had a logitech headset go out on me.

Then started to have problems with my G5 and I thought I was the only one since I never saw anyone mentioning problems with them. Laser started going out a lot. Had to replug it in the usb and it would work until it went out again.

Also the pointer speed would be messed up. It would go really slow and I put it on the max speed to match my normal when it was working correctly.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Going to be giving them a call tonight after reading this thread. :beer:

They will tell you to use a different port,
uninstall the logitech setpoint software and reboot,
try the mouse on a different computer if possible.
Then, if it is a problem they see all the time they will ask for serial numbers to see if it is under warranty. Sometimes they will ship a new one, sometimes ask you to ship back the defective one.

As an aside, a funny thing happened after I gave the serial number and got put on short hold. When the rep got back to me to give me the RMA#, he says he needs the S/N off the receiver as well. I reply, "there is no receiver, its a corded mouse." He says, its a G5, right?. I say, "yes, the G5 is corded, the G7 is wireless". He starts to argue politely to try to explain to the newb about how wireless mice work, then stops. Ooops
Anyway, I shipped the mouse sans the weight set for $2.79 postage and should get a new one hopefully within 7-10 days.

i should note that this is my 2nd rma, first rma i went to the store(without receipt) and they switched it in one day.. 2nd time the store didnt have anymore g5's and they wouldnt be getting them because of somekind of new mouse(atleast what they said)

so i called them, gave some numbers and voila..now i gotta send the damn cord i cut off :p

I wonder why sometimes the ask for it to be sent back and sometimes they don't. I didn't have to send my old one back, but it really didn't matter since it wasn't usable. I know I appreciate not having to worry about shipping something.

I think there a a number of factors to consider, but newer products might be able to be refurbished, while older items cannot be fixed and resold, also if they don't have them in stock anymore, they will send a newer model as a replacement.
In my case, he seemed to be saying that they were having quality control issues and they could learn something by taking apart my failing mouse. They keep detailed records and if greater than a certain percentage of one lot number comes up bad, then they need to think about lawsuits and recalls.
If they know, for example, that MX1000's have a 40% chance of having tracking errors, then they will replace it with no questions and lo and behold a ver 2.0 appears. But with a new product with a good track record, they want to be sure they know what the problems are so they can engineer a better product.
This is the second Logitech laser mouse I have owned that had the left mouse button fail within 6 months. I do game a lot and use the button often, but they are advertised as gaming mice. It must have something to do with the quality of the mechanical switch they are using.

yea my mx1000 died to!

only complaint was i got an mx revolution! what a POS mouse, no middle click!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna go crazy!

woow only 2 days later and i've received the new set already. i am very pleased about logitech...they actually told me it could take 1 up to 3 weeks to get this..man this is great :D

A channel on my Logitech z680's went out. I called them up and they told me to send in the control preamp dealy and they'd send out a new set.

A week or passed without an update (after i sent the thing in) so i called them up and they checked on it. I told them that according to UPS's website it had been delivered. Logitech couldn't find it in their system, so the guy just went ahead and setup a set to be sent out to me. About a week later UPS shows up with the new set...great.

The next day UPS shows up with the new set...great.

Wait? Yeah...they sent me two.

Back